Is the Governing Body the Only Channel of Communication between God and Men?

by UnDisfellowshipped 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Let's take my questions one at a time (since you said I had posted too many on my other thread):

* Can you please explain to me, using only the Bible, why anyone should believe that today's Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (or the "Faithful Slave Class" of the Jehovah's Witnesses), is the "Sole Channel of Communication" between God and men?

* In addition, can you explain why we should believe that Christ's parable of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" was predicting a "class" of anointed Christians who would give orders to all other Christians, instead of simply teaching that faithful Christians will be rewarded by Christ when He returns?

(Any other Jehovah's Witnesses are welcome to answer as well)

Here's an upbuilding quote from the Watchtower:

The Watchtower, October 1, 1994, Page 8:

CHANNEL TO UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE

JESUS assured us that after his death and resurrection, he would raise up a “faithful and discreet slave” that would serve as his channel of communication. (Matthew 24:45-47) The apostle Paul identified this channel to the Ephesian Christians when he wrote that “there might be made known through the congregation the greatly diversified wisdom of God, according to the eternal purpose that he formed in connection with the Christ, Jesus our Lord.” (Ephesians 3:10, 11) It was the congregation of anointed Christians, born at Pentecost 33 C.E., that was entrusted with the “things revealed.” (Deuteronomy 29:29) As a group, anointed Christians serve as the faithful and discreet slave. (Luke 12:42-44) Their appointed assignment from God is to provide spiritual understanding of the “things revealed.”

Even as Bible prophecy pointed forward to the Messiah, it also directs us to the close-knit body of anointed Christian Witnesses that now serve as the faithful and discreet slave. It helps us to understand the Word of God. All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the “greatly diversified wisdom of God” can become known only through Jehovah’s channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave. —John 6:68.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

here we go, another chance for reniaa to do her vodoo.

debate until she gets burned, and then find another thread to put her 2cents in

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa has made it Quite Clear..Reniaa does not follow the WBT$!!......Reniaa only Defends the WBT$!!.....So listen up!!..................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Seriously, this is THE issue. If the GB is the pope, the vicar of Christ on earth, the ones who bind on earth the things bound in heaven, and the ones that really get to have Jesus as their mediator (along with whomever claims to be anointed), then this should be something which is perfectly clear and explicable on the part of any JW.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hi, I'm here to hijack this thread... you know, like Reniaa does to most of the threads that she barges in on with some corny WT quote. So this is my chance!

From one of the Governing Body's Awake! journals, I appreciated this letter of appreciation from an opera fan in Romania. I wept profusely as a read, reread, and rereread the heartwarming final two statements.

*** g95 2/22 p. 30 From Our Readers ***
    Opera
    I’ve always thought your articles were great, and I’ve always had the feeling that they were written especially for me. But I never imagined that you would write about something that I truly love, the opera. I couldn’t stop crying when I saw the article “A Night at the Opera.” (July 8, 1994) Thank you so much.
    S. S., Romania

S. S. in Romania, whoever you are, I love you... unless you're a dude, in which case, stay away from me you cry-baby opera freak!

B the X

• megs
    megs

Billy, I'm sure that new light indicates that crying about non-kingdom-hall music is indicative of being possessed by the devil... If I were feeling really amibitious I'd look for a biblical quote, but I'm just here to continue to hijack the thread!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh lord, Billy, you are just too goddamned funny!

I especially enjoyed the articles on... well.... okay, I never enjoyed any of the articles. But I did enjoy how they crammed the bible into every magazine!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I went to the opera several times in New York, Met and State both. State opera was smaller than the huge Metropolitan Opera. The orchestra was always awesome! But I'm not a cry-baby opera freak! I liked the ones where everybody went crazy and there was lots of killing as they screamed foreign words to the music. It was kind of like paying money to watch my last weeks of Bethel set to music.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Shamus,

The Mar. 22, 1986 Awake! contained a fascinating article on the Red Howler Monkey of Suriname. Of course, now you can get more interesting info about such things on the Interwebs.

B the X

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

LOL!

I found a good one, and damn it, I want to hijack a thread too, it looks like fun. Here's another dear letter from a dear reader who is a deer in headlights.

RE: "Young People Ask . . . How Can I Avoid Being Smothered by My Friend?" (April 22, 1998)

g991/8p.30FromOurReaders

Because of small misunderstandings, my friend and I sometimes stop talking to each other, and this makes me feel so downhearted that I cannot concentrate. After reading the article several times, I realized that I am smothering my friend and not giving him time to do other things. I feel that this article was written just for me, as it showed me so many ways to improve in my relations with others.

Dear Gentle Reader,

Thank you for writing, and for Crisake, stop being an ass with your friends. Try learning to ride a bike.

g991/8p.30FromOurReaders

Orthodontics

On a recent visit to my dentist, I left a copy of the April 8, 1998, Awake!, containing the article on orthodontics. The dentist later expressed appreciation, saying that the article was informative and concise and written in a way that was easy to understand. He also said that he had given copies of the article to some patients to help them understand their treatment program.

Dear Gentle Reader

You must really believe the crap we sell to offer an article on orthodontics to an orthodontist who as a masters degree on the subject, and probably makes more in 5 years then you will in 30. (do you pioneer?)

Since you believe this crap, let us explain to you how we arrived at 607 BCE as the destruction of Jerusalem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit