Is the Governing Body the Only Channel of Communication between God and Men?

by UnDisfellowshipped 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shamus100
    shamus100

Reinna,

One of the problems of taking things apart and seeing how they work -
    supposing you're trying to find out how a cat works--you take that
    cat apart to see how it works, what you've got in your hands is a
    non-working cat. The cat wasn't a sort of clunky mechanism that was
    susceptible to our available tools of analysis.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

jeeprube Do you think the instructions from the bible begins and ends with those that knew Jesus?

so you would have us not preaching unless we can maybe 'stand in the market place wearing sandles two hours before sabbath and talk to evey jew wearing a black toga? of course not preaching is preaching work the nitty gritting of how it is done is upto the direction of the leaders.

My reply: Where does the bible say that th how of preaching is up to the leaders? Of course, we aren't really even that far with the JWs- since they preach another gospel they haven't gotten this far yet.

To say 'unless it is exactly as they did I won't preach' is just foolishness, Paul lived and breathed preaching work I would hate to calculate the sheer number of hours he preached probs sleeping was the only time he stopped we couldn't match even in a small way the faith of those men but we can aspire to their faith and know Jesus will still bless us.

My reply: So you admit the WT mandated way of preaching is foolishness?

We also know we were thought of by jesus himself these words...

John 20:29
    Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have notseen and yet have believed."

Reniaa

• yknot
    yknot

Reniaa isn't ready to examine her beliefs on that level yet......... give her time.

She is on this forum and those actions speak louder then anything she posts in defense of the WTS claim.

Sometimes yall boys get too aggressive with her.......

• shamus100
    shamus100

Reinna,

Death? Why this fuss about death? Use your imagination, try to
    visualize a world without death! . . .
    Death is the essential condition of life, not an evil.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Why does Reniaa even come here? The gb forbid the r&f from sitting at satans table do they not?

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

Seems to me that there is terrifically arrogant presumption in the idea that "we, our group" knows the only way to the divine, an eternal creator (or knows about the eternal creator, or <insert divine being of choice>). To presume that any such creator NEVER before and NEVER since has shown evidence of itself to anyone else or any other culture in time, except one particular group of individuals, one particular culture, at one given time; that all others expressing their own experience of the divine is not real, is the work of a Satan like character, or a deception by evil, seems magnificently myopic, self servingly selfish, and remarkably limiting and insulting of any such creator. Should any such prime mover/creator exist, I would be far more likely to believe that millions since the dawn of time, in many varied cultures have become witness to the divine and only an insecure ego would demand and defend their own experience of the divine as being "the one and only way".

When it comes to the Bible and Christianity, it makes little difference and carries absoutlely no weight that it speaks of itself as being 'the only way', the only scripture directed by the divine. While it is possible that there has been some divine inspiration for some of the contents of the Bible, the tinkering, tampering and direction of men have clouded this through their own selfish shortsightedness. There are other writings from other cultures that equally speak to/of the divine. There is no monopoly on the possibilities of true religious experiences originating from any eternal and divine entity.

• poppers
    poppers

What is wrong with having confidence that you are the church/body/congregation teaching the right message that leads to life? ...

Since when is confidencec iin preaching you are the only ones preaching God's saving message about his son a wrongdoing?

What is wrong with it? The moment that confidence intrudes on others who no longer have that same confidence, when that confidence is used as a club to keep people in line, when that confidence is used as a means to destroy people and family relationships, then it is wrong to have that confidence.

• booby
    booby

Reniaa is proving that the (Catholic/fill in your church name) is good and righteous and not really evil as the tower group says. That's how her

What is wrong with having confidence that you are the church/body/congregation teaching the right message that leads to life? ...

Since when is confidencec iin preaching you are the only ones preaching God's saving message about his son a wrongdoing? etc. etc. strikes me anyhoo. Don't all churchs make these and similar claims.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    jeeprube Do you think the instructions from the bible begins and ends with those that knew Jesus?

I think that your religion twists and incorrectly presents Biblical instructions from the Bible. In other words you start from a teaching and work backwords to prove it, rather than starting from the point of not knowing and moving forward in true understanding.

I notice that ypu still are unable to provide ANY scriptural proof that the GB of JW's are the faithful and discreet slave.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have notseen and yet have believed."

Jesus is not telling us that we should suspend all reason and logic when it comes to trusting in him. First Century Christians who had not "seen" Jesus could still put faith in him because they were being taught by disciples who HAD seen Jesus. Besides, we are not talking about faith in Jesus, but faith in the Governing Body. Do you equate faith in the GB with that in Jesus? Have the Governing Body seen Jesus? Do they talk to him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit