Is the Governing Body the Only Channel of Communication between God and Men?

by UnDisfellowshipped 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reniaa
    reniaa

and yet isaac, Paul and the appostles also took these to mean doing the Preaching work and watching over the flock as leaders!

they must have been mistaken too I guess according to you.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Or go out and gather together in groups and be blessed by Jesus's spirit guidance into doing the works our faith in Jehovah inspires in us?

All church's gather together as the Bible instructs, what does that prove?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Paul and the appostles also took these to mean doing the Preaching work and watching over the flock as leaders!

Paul and his apostles did not conduct the "preaching work" as JW's teach. They did not go from "door to door." That is a mistranslation in the NWT, and is out of line with the historical record.

Again, you have proven nothing.

• yknot
    yknot
    If you want proof the are the 'sole channel' in these times goto the bible!!! I did and find their message does not deny bible truths like Christendom's but thats my own personal choice.

I think they want you to provide those scriptures that you feel led you to your belief.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Did the early christians think they were the only faith people as a church that taught the way on Jesus's and his father's behalf and so people listening to them and inspired utterences that were given them would saved?

My reply: Yes, did they have one tight-knit controlling organization receiving direction from one centralized human council? No!

Since when is confidencec iin preaching you are the only ones preaching God's saving message about his son a wrongdoing?

My reply: That is not wrong- judging all others is. Claiming to be God's sole channel carries even greater responsibility.

show me were the scripture is that says its wrong?

If you want proof the are the 'sole channel' in these times goto the bible!!! I did and find their message does not deny bible truths like Christendom's but thats my own personal choice.

My reply: Except 'this 'sole channel' concept is absent from the Bible. Can you show me where it is present?

Reniaa

Why do you think we have the bible?

so we can sit at home thinking ourselves 'wise in our own eyes'? Or go out and gather together in groups and be blessed by Jesus's spirit guidance into doing the works our faith in Jehovah inspires in us?

My reply: Gathring in groups and allowing our faith to guide the works God wants us to do is a good answer. Unfortunately this is not the case among JWs. They instead perform rote, prescribed works. A reading of James 1:27 shows that the works that true faith brings about are charitable deeds such as looking after widows and helping the unfortunate...not the JW door to door visitations.

and yet isaac, Paul and the appostles also took these to mean doing the Preaching work and watching over the flock as leaders!

they must have been mistaken too I guess according to you.

My reply: Took what? Matt 24 & 25? And while that is true the JWs certainly are not applying this. They are preaching a different gospel than Jesus, paul and the apostles preached. Nowhere in the Bible is the preaching work AS DONE BY JEHOVAHS WITNESSES precedented. Nowhere. They are awake but only because of the many false prophecies held before their eyes by their own leadership.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Reinna,

If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood
    and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for
    the endless immensity of the sea.

• wobble
    wobble

If anyone could get Reniaa to answer the question that is the thread title, or better still Jeeprubes at the top of this page, then it would be worth going on to the next one. remember, there are eleven.

If not, I think debating with her is a waste of time, and we should just wait for a JW apologist who is at least honest to come aboard.

Love

Wobble.

• reniaa
    reniaa

jeeprube Do you think the instructions from the bible begins and ends with those that knew Jesus?

so you would have us not preaching unless we can maybe 'stand in the market place wearing sandles two hours before sabbath and talk to evey jew wearing a black toga? of course not preaching is preaching work the nitty gritting of how it is done is upto the direction of the leaders.

To say 'unless it is exactly as they did I won't preach' is just foolishness, Paul lived and breathed preaching work I would hate to calculate the sheer number of hours he preached probs sleeping was the only time he stopped we couldn't match even in a small way the faith of those men but we can aspire to their faith and know Jesus will still bless us.

We also know we were thought of by jesus himself these words...

John 20:29
    Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have notseen and yet have believed."

Reniaa

• shamus100
    shamus100

When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result his crew was well motivated.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Why do you think we have the bible?

so we can sit at home thinking ourselves 'wise in our own eyes'? Or go out and gather together in groups and be blessed by Jesus's spirit guidance into doing the works our faith in Jehovah inspires in us?

My reply:

My church gathers in small group to discuss the Bible...in addition to our Sunday service. So does that make us God's sole channel of communication between God and man? We gather in small group- something JWs are not allowed to do. Your wording of that was somewhat deceptive- JWs gather together in groups- their assigned congregation...not in smaller group...they are not blessed by Jesus spirit guidance into doing the works their faith inspires- rather they are pushed and guilted into a specific prescribed work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit