I can't take this pain anymore...my life at dead end

by JustHuman14 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• sarahbear76
    sarahbear76

Hi Justhuman,

I won't get into my story for safety reasons however I can very much relate to your story from the view point of your kids. My dad left and my mom was a very devoted to the JW's. It was hard on us kids but my mom slowly came around, I never ever thought she would leave, she couldn't be told anything. Once my dad left I saw it was okay to leave as well and I followed in my dad's foot steps. Now my whole family is out except for my sister, we are still struggling with that but we have an understanding. I know it seems like there is no way out but I assure you there is. A wise man told me " To live well is the best revenge". Show your wife that you can have a normal life without the organization, that combined with baby steps, like the book Crisis of Concience by Ray Franz is how my dad got through to my mom.

Unfortunately sometimes it means loosing contact with loved ones, it's a hard thing to experience but honestly everything happens for a reason. Be thankful you got out sooner rather then later. You will be ok!!

Never retract, never explain, never apologize; get things done and let them howl.

Sarah :)

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Let me get this straight............................... You put your marraige and family thru this turmoil and sacrificed your relationships with all your friends because you have a problem with the understanding of the Society's explaination of 607 BCE???

If you have put your own need to be right over the love of family and friends, then arrogance may be the real problem.

The truth is you dont really know for a fact about your own beliefs about things like what happened in 607 BCE. You merely have a different opinion, which is in reality, ok. Except for being part of a conservative organization like Jehovah's Witnesses.

So, why not hold your opinions in check, until you really know for a fact, keep your family and friends relationship, and enjoy the rest of your life?

Face it, if you are single and have no family ties, spout off your own opinions and live like a hermit wih your own beliefs set on high.

But if you are married and have a family and friends that you differ with, then put your opinions on the back burner, enjoy your marraige and family now while you can, and when the time comes, you can prove you're right.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi JustHuman,

I read your story and was thinking about it. These verses kept coming to mind.

John 10:9-10 (New International Version)

9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

The enemy has been stealing, killing and destroying, that is clear. I hope you find life to the full soon.

I am praying along with others in this thread.

All the best,

Stephen

• flipper
    flipper

MONKEYMAN- Were you born an a$$hole ? Or did you aquire a taste for it over the years ? Here we have a man who is suffering unjustly and all you can do is blame him for it !! Why don't you crawl back in your cave like a freaking hermit until you've learned to show compassion and wisdom towards somebody who is truly suffering unjust treatment ?? In other words you do have the option to follow your own counsel and " hold your opinions in check " as well. Go spout your opinions on a pro Jehovah's Witness board somewhere

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Amen Flipper

• Robdar
    Robdar

Emotionally I’m down. I have depression and most of the times feel bad. I don’t feel like going back. I HATE WT. I hate them because they ruined my life, stolen way my best years of my life, my child hood, my pride, my personality, ALL of what makes us humans. I have suffered due to their neutrality issue, that time they did not accept alternative service, something that they did few years after. In my country it is important to finish the Army, since Government, Banks, major companies ask for the army service confirmation, in order to hire you.

I find it odd that you are blaming the WT for stealing your life when you are the one who is giving your life away. You are the one who moved back home and started putting up with all the nonsense. If you are miserable, it isn't because of the WT, it's because you are allowing your wife and her religion to boss you around, tell you what to think and emasculate you. You won't get much sympathy from me. I'm here to rattle your cage: Stop blaming the WT for your unwillingness to take charge of your life.

I just wanted to have a normal life like most of the people. Leaving WT turns your life into nightmare. My crime: I don’t believe that the WT is the true religion on earth…Why do I have to suffer like that? A destroyed marriage, I wasn’t allowed to attend to my child’s wedding, my best friend she killed her self due to psychological problems of an abusive father. Why all this suffering?

Why all the suffering? Because you are not living the truth. You are living a lie. You want a normal life? Go have one. It really is that easy.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It hurt just to READ your story. I hope you see a doctor about your depression. I wish you well, and welcome to the board. I hope you find the help you need.

shelly

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

JustHuman. I am sorry to hear of what you are going through. There are some great comments here that I hope will help.

The best way forward for you and your children is to do whatever will most make you happy. That may or may not include leaving your wife. Whilst preferable to rebuild your marriage, at some point you may need to accept that it is not going to be possible. It is better for your children to have a happy loving father that lives apart, than a depressed father that lives in misery and a bad marriage. Many marriages end and it is common for children to live in divided families. I have two step children and being part of two families has not hindered but if anything helped them become wonderful people.

Ignore what monkeyman has to say. His ignorant comments are typical of an narrowminded cult member not willing to evaluate a situation on its full merits.

• oompa
    oompa

i understand monkeymans point and WELCOME to jwn to express yourself monkeyman! ...flipper does not believe you are really an asshole man...you just set him off as most first posters dont ususally offer such a strong opinion maybe?...he is really a teddybear.... but you gotta admit...when someone is hurting as much as justhuman is and has been through so much (and he sure as hell does not SOUND arrogant does he?) 607 was not his ONLY issue either...but for sure he does know for sure as you will if you do enough personal study that it IS a lie and IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE using only the Bible (see there are NO DATES in the Bible for one thing!). Once you study enough issues and conclude it is at the least bullshit, and at most a cult, it becomes impossible to live the lie...to pretend...some can, but i could not either...that is not arrogant, that is self respect and honesty maybe?

Hell she is the one TELLING HIM everything he can and cant do...including to "come home now"!! Focus on that justhuman...i see her TELLIN ya a lot...and you CAN go to any wedding...but you CAN tell your kids anything you want....and when she said "come home now boy"...that is a good time to say..."ok, but here are my terms"....IT IS YOUR HOUSE TOO!..and i just did that with my hardcore jw wife after a brief separation...but it was long enough to let her know i was serious and my terms were just that i have a right to my own life and friends too...and she better never say another damm thing to anymore elders about me or she would never see me again!!!....she agreed and we are doing better now (i made concessions too btw)

bottom line is that a marriage (even a one in one out) CAN work...but it does require honest quiet communication, and give and take....all i see is you giving and her taking.......that MUST change or you will wither away....or worse...kill yourself...trust me...i was there once over this crap

i was going to make a point but purps did it so much better....geeze look what she did with an amazing range of kids ages!!!.......every day there are divorces involving kids of all ages......mine were 7 and 9....they survived!.....and did well and most do...hell you fit in better in school if your folks are divorced...lol. anyway man...i truly fell your pain and hope you can hang out with some of us soon for support...most of us DO understand and you can pm me anytime...we should talk mate................oomps

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- No. I actually do mean it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit