Older posters check in...just post your name...we need to hear from you!

by restrangled 158 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• homeschool
    homeschool

My profile says I've only been on here for 3 months, although I joined a year ago. while I may post quite a bit, its not because I do not have a life. I'm just trying to heal. OH. And I'm trying to keep up with those who've been on here for 8 years who've posted NINETY-EIGHT pages worth of comments. I like to post a lot. and I've got a life. So sue me. I know this thread is for the folks who've been here a lot longer, and I appreciate you being here.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

It will be 7 years this fall.

However, I have been lurking for about two years prior.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Well, not only am I not here much anymore, but I can't seem to freakin' count either.

8 years...April...8 years.

I keep up with Xena, Jim, windchaser, and a few others on facebook and myspace. I miss Cowboy, joelbear, naeblis, moe, Cassie, slipnslidemaster...

• oldflame
    oldflame

I've been here for nine years but under a different name at first. Don't come here much anymore !

• PEC
    PEC

Some people don't like being called old. About 2 and a half years.

Philip

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I joined June 29 2001 so on Monday my tag under my name will say 8 years

I thought the board was busy then. Now it is phenomenal. Number 750 of all discussion boards on the internet!!! Most certainly #1 of the JW/x-JW boards.

I think it has gone through some distinct stages during it's lifetime

• doctrinal discussions
    • exposees - UN/NGO, sexual abuse, blood, Rutherford and Hitler, Russell and Rutherford and their treatment of the women in their lives, DF and DAing policies, life behind the scenes at Bethel etc
    • recovery from WT policies regarding sexual abuse and their other harmful policies
    • and along with the about tons of support and friendship

There is a veritable flood of information coming out of the WTS and this is creating a wave of people leaving that is getting larger all the time. The WTS is bleeding in Europe and North America.

It will certainly be interesting to see what will happen in the future and JWD (whether it is .com or .net it is still JWD) will have front row seats.

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Hey everyone!

I check in when I can.

DV

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The tag says 7 years posting....time flies ! I started because the Kingdom Ministry told us all about the wonderful world of Apostate Internet, made it sound so appealing that I just had to get in among it..

I am getting longer in the tooth as well..BTW I look nothing like John Belushi.

• undercover
    undercover

I guess I'm an "older poster", having joined in 2002.

I was already physically inactive when I joined but was trying to wrap my brain around the real truths I was learning about the "truth". Freeing oneself mentally is tougher...but I'm there now.

I keep hanging around because most of my family is still in and I like to stay ahead of them on WT/JW news and changes in doctrines. Hopefully I can drop hints to them about upcoming changes, getting them to think before "mother" gives the official change.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I keep hanging around because most of my family is still in and I like to stay ahead of them on WT/JW news and changes in doctrines. Hopefully I can drop hints to them about upcoming changes, getting them to think before "mother" gives the official change.

Hey, undercover...that's one of the reasons I check in here. When I post on the other board with active JWS and I have info from the KM that isn't even out yet, I can tell they are pissed!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit