Older posters check in...just post your name...we need to hear from you!

by restrangled 158 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I have been posting for nearly 8 years. I don't view the board very often, and post only very occasionally when I find something I think will be of interest or relevant to the board. From the response to my posts, I am under no illusion that I am appreciated, so I tend to view and post less and less.

I have had the privilege of meeting and knowing some lovely people through this board, and also meeting another escapee from my old congregation, so I am glad of my time here.

• rolling rock
  • MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

WT still sucks.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

For about 9 years, started out as OrangeBlossom.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

7 years, with a long hiatus, and Merry Xmas to everyone!!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm here, always checking in...alot going on in real life!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Red 2, standing by...

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Howdie,

Cog is checking in with her annual Merry Christmas to everyone.

I joined Jan 1, 2006 and made a new years resolution to never set foot in a kingdom hall or assembly again. That is the first and only new years resolution I have ever kept!

I guess I'm more of a middle-ager than an old timer but many of the old-timer's were still here when I joined so I got to learn and enjoy from them.

Update on me since I left earlier this year: Going to school full time now, instead of part time. Would like to get my degree before I'm 50!

Husband is divorcing me supposedly because I'm an apostate, but in reality, because he is having an affair with another fine, upstanding JW.

I'm moving into my own place on New Year's Eve and I'm going to get on with enjoying the rest of my life, sans JW's, sans husband, and sans anyone else who drags me down.

I'm missing Dansk, who passed away last Christmas. I guess he proved it's true, only the good die young. If we learned a lesson from his passing, it is that life is too short to spend it enslaved to the will of others. It is for loving, laughing and living, right now, because the present moment is all we are guaranteed to have! Rest in peace Ian.

I am blessed to have met real friends from this forum who live near enough for me to hug in person, Hillary Stepp and Belbab and his wife (who just invited me for the most fabulous Christmas dinner!)

All in all, I think it will be a better year than the one before.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Cog

• cantleave
    cantleave

6 months - but what a ride. Gone from Elder with all family in to "no title misses nearly all the meetings" publisher and with wife out, also found out BIL and SIL (different circuit) well and truly out too.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I guess five years, plus several months lurking. Been here a long time, haven't said much, though, compared to others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit