Older posters check in...just post your name...we need to hear from you!

by restrangled 158 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon
    I thought the board was busy then. Now it is phenomenal. Number 750 of all discussion boards on the internet!!! Most certainly #1 of the JW/x-JW boards.

Actually, our stats don't update (I keep the tracker on 'cause the usage graphs are handy) ... we're actually about #558 going off the number of topics. Not too shabby

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

I've been on here for 8 years, since the summer of 2001. I just don't post very often.

Before that, I was on H2O since the fall of 1996, posting as Brother Garfield. I didn't post there very often either.

Before that, there was the AJWR board "free-for-all" and the short-lived "Watchtower Unplugged" in 1995 and 1996. Anybody remember those?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

RI.... I have no idea what those two letters stand for but in my books it stands for, "Rude Ignoramus."

Orangefatcat

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i use to read randy watters site (freeminds)

but my first posts were on a russian board named "profind". my only helper there was Redhorsewoman.

I think she posts on other boards. the witlesses used to call her liar and such

then I finally came here, and found myself at home

hey friends, and thanx

• Farkel
    Farkel

I've been here since about March, 2001, so that is what, roughly 8 1/2 years? Before that, I was an "old timer" on H20, since about 1996 or so. The transition from there to here was interesting because I was a newbie here and JWD was an ex-JW "coffee shop." I came in with both guns blazing and pissed off just about everyone. One day, H20 was THE premier JW discussion board. Within a week or two, H20 was a desert and all high and low profile posters over there came here. I came at the urging of UncleBruce.

It is nice to see so many of my old comrades commenting and very nice to hear Marvin and a few others mentioning what I also consider to be the most honest and ethical JWs I've ever known, namely "Friend" who has found peace and (hopefully) happiness in the arms of our Creator.

There was nothing as exciting as the "old days" on H20 in the 1990's. Every day was a gunfight and the dubs were armed with only water pistols. Countless JWs left the faith during that period.

It has been my supreme privilege to have AlanF, Craig (onacruse), Lee (UncleBruce), Katie, Marvin, Friend, notperfectyet, Sunspot, Shelby Johnson, Englishman, Kent Steinhaug, Jan Haugland, Norm Hovland, Randy Watters, anasthasia, gumby and many others I don't have time to list, as my friends.

I have been very blessed to have had the privilege to know such people.

Farkel

• Roski
    Roski

It would have been 1999 when I first started reading this forum - don't post much...not my thing really (on any forum).

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Farkel, yes many a great poster has come and gone. Those were the days.

I recall the first timeI read some of your posts I wasn't sure how to take you , hey you are one cool person and poster.

luv

orangefatcat

• Humanist
    Humanist

I joined the old forum 3 years ago as Do Not Call (not the poster DoNotCall). I only made 237 posts, so I wasn't well known. It's been about a year since I've posted, as I've been really busy with our company and my daughters -GCSEs etc We're still 'apostates' and still being shunned mercilessly!

Anyway, hello and hugs to everyone!!

• blondie
    blondie

How many years..........time flies...8 years (plus 1 year lurking and not posting)

• KW13
    KW13

Been here a while myself, amazing how this place carried on, growing from strength to strength and yes while there have been 'odd' moments where some hurtful and strange things have happened, its all part of growth and is necessary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit