Questioning me as an apostate

by God_Delusion 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wobble
    wobble

Welcome to the best site for people who can no loger live the lie of the JW life, God_delusion,

I would second and third bonafide's comments above, and if you do not want to be DF'd or DA'd then their are plenty of people on here who will advise you on how to handle things, but please take advice, the Elders are trained to deal with you in a certain way that will bring them the result they want, not your eternal welfare, but that they come out looking good.

So it is necessary to handle them carefully.

Good luck, and BIG WELCOME again,

Love

Wobble

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome to real life!

"Maybe Jehovah doesn't view animals the way we do. Maybe it's our imperfection kicking in that makes us love them."

PS-Just ignore a poster here named reniaa. She keeps posting things she knows are untrue, such as evolution = abiogenesis.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Here's the rub. If you believe in an omnipotent God you believe that he could have flooded the Earth and erased all traces of it in geological evidence. Or he could have inspired these stories to written as allegories to teach the lessons he wanted taught about rejection of evil and respect for his authority. Or none of the above he might not be very interested in what we think or what we believe. There is evidence of an ice age which on the meltdown side could have caused "worldwide" flooding about 10,000 years ago. "Racial memory" makes sense for 10,000 year ago flood, but not a 4,000 year ago flood. Chinese history goes back further than that.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Back on topic - Welcome to the site. Hope you find it helpful and beneficial. The judicial committe process is an embarrassing unscriptural tool used to control people. I'm embarrassed to have been an elder involved in many. I agree with the posters I've read that it is all about what you want out of the situation. And we are here to help. (I'm still "in" myself for family reasons just so you know) Allelsefails

• reniaa
    reniaa

I did think that the poster had some basic issues with belief in God that needs addressing this following sentence was very revealing...

My father kindly noted that we don't know the ins and outs of Jehovah's thinking. Fair enough; doctors are also still baffled at Charles Manson's reasoning to. - God delusion

He's associating a mindless killer with God so he definitely is on a blame God kick which is really a fundamental thing. He's challenging elders to prove God to him but he isn't interested in the answers. To be honest no one can prove God to anyone. They can direct you to the bible but if you don't like what it says then your back to square one.

This poster goes back to my own fundamental question with ex-Jws... is it really the religion they have issues with or God himself. In this Posters case God would seem to be ultimately at fault and Jws coming under fire for not being able to know more than the bible says.

Reniaa

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Welcome to the site! I hope you can tell the difference with those who are here for support and those who are here to argue.

I enjoy the occasional debate myself, it helps loosen up and open the mind. Since our minds are clearly locked up for a while because of being a JW, I hope you find the give and take here educational, and that it will help you grow. I also hope you will be succesful in discovering more of who you really are, and learning to love the person in the mirror.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i'm sure you can already tell who the "master" de"baters" are

• inkling
    inkling
    evolution has it own set of unanswerable questions, species jumping it still an issue for them as well as abiogenesis

lets see... Fail, and uh.... Fail.

But thanks for playing :)

[inkling

• booby
    booby

Reniaa, I shouldn't be this rude but . . . . . you are an idiot. He is not associating a mindless killer with God, he is making the point that not being able to understand is not exclusive to things that God has done, and definitely no answer to arguing that the organization has a brain.

• inkling
    inkling

Well, there is an upside to Reniaa is showing up on these threads... she is a great cautionary tale
    of the kind of mindrot that happens when one is desperately holding onto an arbitrary mythological
    wordview.

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit