Questioning me as an apostate

by God_Delusion 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shamus100
    shamus100

"the apostasy" has been twisted around so badly the dubs don't even know it's meaning. It can be both ways - governing body or individual witlesses. I don't think the prophecy was talking about just a few people - and generally in the bible, apostasy started near the top, not the bottom.

• reniaa
    reniaa

why billy and others do you twist this to JWs?

The bible says catagorically that enough animals were put on the ark to re-seed the planet after a global flood. Yes it is frustratingly vague as to the details, the 'Box' on the water wasn't small it was a huge Box lol even if you take the smallest length a cubit could be by current opinions.

Now are you guys saying that christians other than witnesses have the option not to believe parts of the bible?

If I was explaining the flood story on the doors, I would make it clear the bible doesn't give with the details and beyond that we are speculating.

Accepting the bible as inspired is a challenge to all Christians this has nothing to do with what christian denomination they are.

Without the bible what reference do you have to build knowledge of God from? I see it as unavoidable that any god you create from your own viewpoint as one that is a reflection of the person not anything real.

Reniaa

• booby
    booby

reniaa. why not answer the questions that others pose rather than posing your own questions which you know you can answer.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The noah story is an ancient myth shared by many different cultures. Reading into it as a story of historical truth always appeared rather silly to me. We end up imposing our own sense of morality and justice on a tale that was told to influence and entertain people that died long ago.

Of course, when a person accepts that the story is sipmly a myth other long held assumptions are challenged (e.g. the Bible is historicaly true cover to cover).

One suggestion you may want to think about. Do you really care about the moral implications of the Noah story? It seems as though you are trying to rationalize your arguemnt for why you believe the story to be myth, without coming out an saying it. I would personally stay away from argumentation like this because it appears to make you look overly picky. I would compare your argument to another one I have heard some ex-jws use from time to time, this issue of "who will be resurrected from sodom and gomorrah". Sure the WTS has changed their position on this teaching, but does it really effect your life in a significant way? Many other Christian groups believe the Noah story is true as well, but that doesn't make them shun their family or refuse life saving medical treatment!

If I was you I would be careful not to come across as antagonistic, especially for the sake of your wife. I went through a simliar situation and can tell you that the less conversations you have with Elders the better!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

God Delusion! Great post, I enjoyed it very much... hearty welcome to you.

Love,
    Baba.

• reniaa
    reniaa

booby I reserve the right to avoid questions when people are bringing witnesses into a biblical disussion.

If you doubt the varacity of the bible flood story, it has nothing to do with witnesses and everything to do with whether you think the bible is inspired of God.

I think there is enough evidence of a racial memory with all the various flood accounts which are surprisingly similar, involving a person and animals reseeding planet for this to be an actual true memory. But people who don't want to believe in the flood will ignore this evidence looking for alternate explanations. Ones that show that as widespread as the animals are also equally widespread is the flood acount ftrom vastly separate lands and races.

Reniaa

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

reniaa the watchtower is a false prophet as set forth in the definition of deutoronomy!

go follow your false prophet. false prophets are executed on this forum! see the paul or saul thread

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Accepting the bible as inspired is a challenge to all Christians,........ but what acceptance is being intellectually honest and what acceptance is

being tritely dishonest, based off its evidential understanding of when and whom wrote the words in the bible ?

If you take the occurrence of the biblical flood for example and ask any studied animal biologist if this could actually possibly occur

and the answer would be confirmedly no, for so many reasons.

Most likely then this story was expressed to confirm how god loved and supported their particular tribe and how powerful their god was and

of course how evil and wicked people outside their tribe were and should justifiably be killed.

This suggestive amount of fear is still being utilized by religions to this day such as the JWS.

Are you an intellectually honest person Reniaa ?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

booby I reserve the right to avoid questions when people are bringing witnesses into a biblical disussion...Huh?..This is a JW discussion board..You defend the WBT$,while admiting you don`t follow them..LOL!!...........And..You reserve the right to ignore questions concerning Jehovah`s Witness on a Jehovah`s Witness discussion board......?????????????..LOL!!

If you doubt the varacity of the bible flood story, it has nothing to do with witnesses and everything to do with whether you think the bible is inspired of God...The flood has nothing to do with Jehovah`s Witness`s?..LOL!!....What was your first clue?

I think there is enough evidence of a racial memory with all the various flood accounts which are surprisingly similar,..A racial memory?..LOL!!..Which race remembers the flood better?..LOL!!................ involving a person and animals reseeding planet for this to be an actual true memory...I`ve talked to all the animals on my ranch..Not one of them can remember a dam thing about the flood..LOL!!.......... But people who don't want to believe in the flood will ignore this evidence looking for alternate explanations...You mean like where did all the water go?..LOL!!....If all the moisture from the atmosphere was placed on earth..The water level of planet earth would rise 2 inch`s ..You don`t need an Ark for 2 more inch`s of water on earth..LOL!! Ones that show that as widespread as the animals are also equally widespread is the flood acount ftrom vastly separate lands and races...Take a look at a globe..Do you notice how all the contenents look like pieces of a jig saw puzzle..If you place them together they fit..There was one solid land mass at one time..It split apart..And..Took people and animals with it.................................OUTLAW

Reniaa

• booby
    booby

reniaa. I was actually looking for a response on my question from about 16 posts back. In that post I wondered if we can't fully believe the bible, while taking the flood as an illustration or alagory (spelling?) I am not suggesting that is what some group or individual says/thinks just asking for your take.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit