Questioning me as an apostate

by God_Delusion 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

Grown men believing the Noah's Ark story as fact.

Do you really want such people in your life?

• sspo
    sspo

welcome to the forum

To believe in evolution you have to believe life can just happen spontaneously at some point in the past with no light heat or anything to start it.

Reniaa

WWhere did "jehovah" come from using your own reasoning

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

hmmm doubting the noah story is basic stuff its for people who don't understand the whole point of believing in God. Absense of evidence is not evidence of lack, Just because the bible doesn't give details of the in and outs of how God did it, doesn't mean it couldn't be doneI

If scientists were to do a noah's ark today they would do something like just taking a number cryogenetically frozen embryo's of various species and implant them in a host animal to grow inside although I think they are still working on this, its a doable possibility of the future..It`s called Reniaa`s ark

It sounds like your going down evolutionary route doubting God, but evolution has it own set of unanswerable questions, species jumping it still an issue for them as well as abiogenesis, they cannot find how life happenned from nothing...Or evidence of creation

If you read Daniel it very clearly shows that angels are very active around humans and the planet, the could have easily transported the animals to noah. Without the bible to give us more detail your asking for answers were there are none. The bible only describes what happens not how God did it. Goodness it doesn't explain beyond saying Jesus had holy spirit how he did the miracles he did...Angels transported wine and fish to Jesus

Faith in anything is a very straight forward thing and unfortunately needs at some point a suspension of disbelief...Like when you watch cartoons?

To believe in God you have to accept he can do miraculous things like flood the planet and get all the animals on the ark...No you don`t

To believe in evolution you have to believe life can just happen spontaneously at some point in the past with no light heat or anything to start it...Why?..Why can`t evolution be part of creation?

Reniaa.................................................Good afternoon Renia!..............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa

You can believe anything you want! but if you want to put human limitations on God throwing out all the things in the bible you think are too implausable to happen, you will just end up making a God that you still cannot believe in.

Remember you are the ones deciding here what is or isn't fact or real.

Personally I have always decided that it is either all or nothing with the bible, Take it as the inspired word of God and so believe him when he says things happen the way they did or just don't believe it. Once you start rewriting the bible to fit your own viewpoints it's not the bible but something else reflecting your image not God's.

What people doubt very much depends what they see around them, hundreds of years ago they doubted the battles and kingships in the bible because they hadn't found evidence at that time. Funniliy enough the evidence was found when alternate sides of the battles were found.

Nowadays with humanities love of science and progress they doubt the more miracolous bible stuff or try to meld scientists answers with God to make an unomfortable pairing.

My point to the original poster was his doubts were basic stuff that is dealiing with the concept of an all-powerful God, it smacks of someone thats never really read the bible or never deeply looked into the oncept of God.

Reniaa

• besty
    besty

the Noah Flood legend is perfectly plausible with the presupposition that God thereafter deleted all the evidence that a global flood 4000 years ago would otherwise have left

as always there is a choice between rational explanation of evidence or appeal to the magick man in the sky

let the reader use discernment

it'd be nice if the magick man in the sky proponents would be more open about their irrational beliefs and stop trying to bend the facts to fit their beliefs

• penny2
    penny2

God-Delusion, hope you're coping with all of that! And welcome to JWn!

penny

• chickpea
    chickpea

fasten your seat belt, mate...
    looks like it coud be a bumpy ride

welcome to the good ship apostacy!

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

Welcome to the forum. I hope they don't burn you at their Judicial Committee stake, God_Delusion. Good luck and best wishes!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Welcome to the forum~

It's very interesting how Jehovahs Witnesses get you baptized as soon as possible, that way when you have questions they immediately want to throw you out.

No, it's not a high-control group at all, is it?

I wonder if Jesus would have treated you the same way. Probably not, not that he even existed in my opinion.

Please do me a favour though, and read Daniel. I threw my bible out years ago - I outgrew fairy-tale stories.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You can believe anything you want! but if you want to put human limitations on God throwing out all the things in the bible you think are too implausable to happen, you will just end up making a God that you still cannot believe in...A lot of are`nt sure if there is a God or not.

Remember you are the ones deciding here what is or isn't fact or real...I`ll remember that..LOL!!

Personally I have always decided that it is either all or nothing with the bible, Take it as the inspired word of God and so believe him when he says things happen the way they did or just don't believe it. Once you start rewriting the bible to fit your own viewpoints it's not the bible but something else reflecting your image not God's...Some of the Bible was writen 100`s of years after the said events occurred..I can`t rely on someone who was`nt there.

What people doubt very much depends what they see around them, hundreds of years ago they doubted the battles and kingships in the bible because they hadn't found evidence at that time. Funniliy enough the evidence was found when alternate sides of the battles were found...What battles?..Very vauge..

Nowadays with humanities love of science and progress they doubt the more miracolous bible stuff or try to meld scientists answers with God to make an unomfortable pairing...Thats how the WBT$ started..Trying to meld psdo-science with God.

My point to the original poster was his doubts were basic stuff that is dealiing with the concept of an all-powerful God, it smacks of someone thats never really read the bible or never deeply looked into the oncept of God...You can read the bible all day long..It still does`nt prove the existance of God or Lephrecons......................................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

Reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit