in love with a JW

by jimcic 63 Replies latest social relationships

• shamus100
    shamus100

God help you if you marry that woman. I'm sure you can do a lot better.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Proverbs 31:30 (New International Version)

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

1 Peter 3:4 (New International Version)

4 Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

Heed the warnings!

I am afraid the LORD she fears is totally different to the one Christians do. She fears a false god the WT have created called "jehovah".

Christians fear Jesus and His Father and call Him Lord and God.

All the best,

Stephen

• restrangled
    restrangled

Some straight up experiences.....

When my husbands brother decided he was no longer a witness, he sent a letter to the KH....this was many many years ago....my mother marched down to our home and started spouting....my husband had to ask her to leave and never come back, she had reported the Christmas tree in his brothers house to the elders....low and behold we had one in our lower level family room.....she didn't have a clue.

I didn't dare put it in the front window.

This tore up our families for years. We were 2 houses apart. Her nasty behavior based on the Society's instructions destroyed all of us at the time. My Father was in the middle of leaving the witnesses after being an elder for many years but he was suicidal....we couldn't handle it. We Sold our home and moved...thousands of miles away.

Family does not stay away for long. My dad retired and wanted to move where we were. They visited many times while we hunted for houses for them...I won't go into what they cost us, but......I will tell you they visited over one christmas, and my mother tore off a christmas door greeting and threw it across the room when they arrived. Spewing hate and vile behavior. All the while my two little boys were watching.

I have worse horror stories, involving my boys....I don't want to go into it here.

Get ready for an entire shxt load of misery married to a JW....

FAIR WARNING!

• jimcic
    jimcic

yes i have done lots of research and i am shocked by the storys i have heard. there has to be some way to get her out or something i have to try something before i give up hope altogether.......

Thanks for all your help guys

• shamus100
    shamus100

Give up hope, it isn't worth it.

If there is one thing I can tell you, it's this, and 100 percent true. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. It's 100 times worse with a Jehovahs Witness.

The only thing you can do is tell her to leave her religion to have you, or it's over. But chances are, she will go right back to it a few years later.

Trust me, it isn't worth it. There are plenty of others out there.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

jimcic..

yes i have done lots of research and i am shocked by the storys i have heard. there has to be some way to get her out or something i have to try something before i give up hope altogether.......

Thanks for all your help guys..................................................Shocking is`nt it?..That so many would have such a bad experince with the JW religion..Stick around..You`ve only just scratched the surface.................................................OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa`s got a GirlFriend!!.....Reniaa wants to get all smootchy with ya Oomp!.. ............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Yes reniaa, one is not becoming a Witness because the truth about them is out and you're still gullable to believe their lies reniaa.

You know about their lies and yet remain blind and gullable to the whole thing.

Jesus said, "I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE, no one can come to Jehovah, except through Me!

The WTS claims to be THE TRUTH, in which, in effect, stealing the definite article that belong only to Jesus.

So let me ask you this, which TRUTH more prevalent than the other? The WTS or Jesus?

Yiz

Edit: btw Reniaa, since Jesus made it clear that NO ONE CAN COME TO JEHOVAH, EXCEPT THROUGH ME! Tell me my dear, how did you JWs manage to serve Jehovah while bypassing Jesus' words, "NO ONE CAN COME TO JEHOVAH, EXCEPT THROUGH ME!"???

If Jesus is just for the heavenly class, the 144,000 anointed and they're the only ones that can serve Jehovah through Jesus. Then what's in it for you?

Remember, you can't serve Jehovah unless you first come to Jesus, but the WTS says Jesus is not for you, only the anointed class. So what's the point for you then? Sounds like you're SOL.

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Here's a quote right out of the mouth of the WTS, so to speak,

"Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his Heavenly Father, Jehovah God and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members." Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" Chapter 1, Pages 10-11 Paragraph 16.

Lemme repeat what Jesus said, "I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE. No one can come to Jehovah, except by Me." John 14:6

So, my question is how can you serve Jehovah while bypassing Jesus? The answer is you can't.

So why bother serve Jehovah if Jesus is not allowing you to serve Him w/o going to Jesus first? And since the WTS says Jesus is only for the anointed, so what is the point for you to serve Jehovah if Jesus is not allowing you to bypass Him to pray to Jehovah, worship Jehovah or even serve Jehovah?

A big problem, isn't?

Yiz

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

@ Jimcic - I was once a fully-fledged JW who was totally committed to the principles of the Organisation. I met a guy who was not in the "truth" as they call it. He was a couple of years older than me, I was 17 at the time. He was open to studying with one of the guys from the congregation, and that happened for a few months. The trouble was, the studies couldn't answer his questions about god and faith. He was and still is an atheist. Several months passed and I decided that being with him was what I wanted. It meant going through a judicial committee, which is a meeting of myself and 3 of the congregation elders. They subjected me to intense questioning about my relationship with my new boyfriend. I was honest and told them I had had "impure thoughts" and we had engaged in what I then thought was "heavy petting" (side note... kissing with tongues was what I thought was heavy petting, shows what a prude I was then! ) and on that basis I was disfellowshipped because I told them I was going to continue to see him. They said I was to have nothing to do with him as he was a non-believer and worse, an atheist.

I was disfellowshipped. My family ceased to talk to me. At 17 and 8 months I left home and moved in to a caravan with my boyfriend. At 18 and 1 month we got married. My only family who came were ones who were not in the "truth". My mum and brothers, aunt and cousins and grandparents didn't come nor send a card. That was in April 1990. Next year we will be married for 20 years.

Curiously, I was reinstated into the "truth" after about a year of being on the outside. I then had somewhat of an epiphany.. while having my bible study with one of the congregation approved sisters I was told by her that I was very lucky to be allowed back in, and that she personally thought I was going to be killed at armageddon anyway. Turned out that many thought I should not have "had my cake and been allowed to eat it too" as the saying goes. That was when I saw this church for what it was. Not filled with love nor preaching tolerance and forgiveness. So I stopped going. Noone really noticed and life moved on.

I wish you well in your future, if this girl you care for has the depth of feeling for you that I had for my husband then I am sure you will find a way to make it work. I would only add that for me, it was a very hard path, and one that I sometimes fell from because of the pressure to be a "good witness". There will be alot of guilt, tears and pain and I think you should be prepared for that. But there is hope and joy if you can weather the storm.

Peace,

Tiffany

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit