in love with a JW

by jimcic 63 Replies latest social relationships

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If you're planning on having children, be aware that, if there is a life threatening emergency she would deny a child a blood transfusion.

W

• mouthy
    mouthy

And remember in their own books it tell them they do not have to tell the truth to any who dont deserve it.
    And they teach that all who are not Jehovahs Witnesses are of the world so you can lie to them.

"Aid to Bible Understanding" Page. 1061 Under LIE .Starting at WHILE malicious lying.............etc.READ IT!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

These quotes are from Reniaa, who is a Jehovah's Witness, and demonstrates the kind of 'double-speak' you will get from all cults.

I know Jehovahs witnesses that have married non-witnesses it is something that doesn't happen often but is only doable if you can totally respect each others right to your own religion and how it effect your lifes. Here are some questions you would have to ask yourselves.

This suggests that it is acceptable for a Jehovah's Witness to choose to be tolerant of a partner's religion, but later, she exposes her cult's real nature, which is intollerance.

Can you handle her not celebrating various holidays and this being something she wouldn't want your children doing, or allowing you to do celebrate with your children but herself not being involved. making an effort to have alternate parties at different times with no significance tied to special dates?

The part about "... allowing you to do celebrate with your children but herself not being involved." is designed to lull you into the conclusion that there is some religious tolerance too, but I can assure you that that is not the reality. JWs will give lip service to being tolerant when conversing with a Worldly person, but tolerance is not part of their agenda.

They will often use an example of a JW displaying tolerance to lull you into a false sense of security, but if you check their literature and the story you will find that these tolerant JWs they are referring to are 'weak in the faith', not adhering strictly to the teachings/rules, or there is some relevent information about the story they are not telling you.

Until such time as your girlfriend realises that she is under the influence of a dangerous mind control cult, she is damaged goods.

She will want to raise your children in a climate of fear of the Watchtower's killer god. She 'knows' that God will kill her children if you take them away from the Watchtower.

You are the biggest danger to her children and she will fight you to save them.

I am a non-baptised born-in who married an Anglican. I introduced her to the cult. Now she is a baptised JW and I am 'out'. She thinks I am 'under the influence of Satan'. I think she is loopy, and it's my fault.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
  • drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Please post a pic of this JW you are in love with. That's really the only way we can make an impartial, objective recommendation.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi reniaa,

I am not up to give you a bashing so please receive this with the right spirit :) I just thought I should point this out.

I know Jehovahs witnesses that have married non-witnesses it is something that doesn't happen often but is only doable if you can totally respect each others right to your own religion and how it effect your lifes.

To me that is totally unbiblical. I think the scriptural ground for marriage is just as tough as the scriptural ground for divorce.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (New International Version)

Do Not Be Yoked With Unbelievers

14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
    17 "Therefore come out from them
    and be separate, says the Lord.
    Touch no unclean thing,
    and I will receive you."
    18 "I will be a Father to you,
    and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

Has God changed his mind since the OT regarding who His people should marry?

Deuteronomy 7:1-4 (New International Version)

1 When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations—the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you- 2 and when the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. 3 Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, 4 for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the LORD's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you.

Joshua 23:9-13 (New International Version)

9 "The LORD has driven out before you great and powerful nations; to this day no one has been able to withstand you. 10 One of you routs a thousand, because the LORD your God fights for you, just as he promised. 11 So be very careful to love the LORD your God.

12 "But if you turn away and ally yourselves with the survivors of these nations that remain among you and if you intermarry with them and associate with them, 13 then you may be sure that the LORD your God will no longer drive out these nations before you. Instead, they will become snares and traps for you, whips on your backs and thorns in your eyes, until you perish from this good land, which the LORD your God has given you.

There are other OT examples if you need them. Remember, the LORD does not change and Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

And the NT?

Ephesians 5:5-7 (New International Version)

5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.

All the best,

Stephe n

• reniaa
    reniaa

/sigh as you can see this is an anti-witness site with EXTREME bias against witnesses!

If you want to see both sides have a look at the official Jw website, here is the link

http://www.watchtower.org/

no one can make the choice for you but I saw a man concerned about his daughter dating a witness get totally worked up about the info on this site, its not easy for any mixed religion marriage and takes understanding and respect for each other but the choice is yours and the girls alone.

Take care

Reniaa

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

How Can I Avoid
    Getting Involved
    With the Wrong People ?

The point? Even godless people may manifest fine qualities. But if you choose them as your close friends, your thinking, faith, and conduct will be affected. Thus, in his second letter to the Corinthians, Paul stated: “Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers.”— 2 Corinthians 6:14-18.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20050822/article_01.htm

• restrangled
    restrangled

Drwt....I am laughing so hard I can't stand it! Thanks!

• oompa
    oompa

btw jim.....it is EXTREMELY rare.....but i do have a great ol gal jw friend who 25 years ago married a WORLDLY guy like you...they are still a happy couple......he is very laid back and non-religious.....and she agreed to be social with his friends and never speak about religion with him.....all of her other siblings married dubs......and ALL are divorced!!....lol........it is horribly paiful for a dub to marry "outside the truth" to a "worldly" dude like you....geeze man you see they have labels for everything.........but it is NOT impossible if both parties are open minded and honest with each other........frankly i hope she cant live without you and you guys can marry and do what my friend did......and even better she wakes up to the REAL truth about "the truth" (that is normally what they call their religion btw)......and you guys can have a NORMAL marriage........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit