Further Punishements

by passwordprotected 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa openly admits to not following the WBT$......Yet she expects everyone else to..........Reniaa`s Motto:"Take my advise,I`m not using it!".........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow, what a bastion empathy you are Mraimondi. I think he dealt with it pretty well.

Oh, and the example you set forth...not quite the same thing really.

Josie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A JW has no problems asking for a baby sitter if they want to go to a JW event..If they were refused because it was a JW event,they would be angry..They would cry persecution!..Every JW in the area would hear about it!..............................Hypocrites!!..........................................OUTLAW

• chickpea
    chickpea

@ outlaw>>> you NAILED it, mate! elegant summation!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

you brought this on yourself.

deal with it.

Oh, mraimondi, you crack me up.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

mraimondi == my "worldly" family, who i loved the whole time and still love - would always invite me over for things for no reason, and when i showed up, it was a birthday party. This was pretty uncomfortable to me, and dishonest. They may have had good intentions, but it was dishonest.

You were obviously invited over to your family's house under false pretenses. You WERE deceived. They made you feel uncomfortable. They were dishonest.

PP asked his parents over to his house to babysit his kids. What would they have found themselves doing when they got there? That's right........They would have found themselves in his house babysitting his kids. NOTHING ELSE! There was no deception! No dishonesty! What Mark and Gail were doing that night had NOTHING to do with them. There was nothing that he was doing at his home that night would have made them uncomfortable. They went 'OUT' of their house to a building in the middle of Glasgow to enjoy some singing. How disgusting was that?

And if they refused to babysit because they felt uncomfortable about it, what exactly were they uncomfortable about ? Was he attending Church? Was he worshipping? He went to LISTEN to a concert!

What if they did decide to babysit and later on felt guilty about it? What would they have said in their prayers to Jehovah that night?

........"Oh Jehovah, please forgive us for allowing Mark and Gail to go out and listen to songs about you and your Son. We are so sorry that we gave them the opportuning to enjoy listening to that wonderful music and beautiful singing. We are also sorry if, by listening to that music, they were moved in their heart to love you just a little bit more. We know you don't approve of anyone singing songs to you unless they come from the diahorrea coloured book you gave to us all those years ago. We promise never to disappoint you again if you make sure the elders don't punish us. We are sorry for our part in helping my son and his wife enjoy a relationship with you. Please hear us in Jesus name. Amen."

mraimondi, why don't you run this discussion past your neighbours and workmates and see what kind of reaction you get. Why don't you see how ridiculous you sound. Nothing more was asked than a run of the mill , grandparents- babysitting -the-grandkids session. Why don't you pop your head out of the tent and see what everyone else sees.!!!!!!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Considering some of the terrible stories I have read on here about grandparents having nothing to do with grandchildren for years, your parents don't sound all that bad Mark. Refusing to babysit so you can go to a Christian event I would class as annoying by comparison. I would certainly not want to escalate things over this needlessly. I think quietlyleaving has made some sensible comments too.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    my "worldly" family, who i loved the whole time and still love - would always invite me over for things for no reason, and when i showed up, it was a birthday party. This was pretty uncomfortable to me, and dishonest. They may have had good intentions, but it was dishonest.

My family did that to me as well, and I agree that it's reprehensible. They were seeking to impose their celebrations on someone who wanted no part of it. I eventually stopped accepting their invitations.

passwordprotected's situation is not the same. He was going to attend an event. He was not seeking to impose it on someone else. His parents were not going to be forced to listen to something they felt was objectionable. They were merely asked to babysit. Nothing religiously objectionable was to be imposed on them. Rather, they sought to punish him for not believing as they do.

I wonder if I could get away with this in the workplace. I have a coworker who is Jewish. Since I'm not Jewish, perhaps I should refuse to pick up the slack when he takes time off for Jewish holidays. I wonder how long it would take for my ass to be kicked to the curb.

W

• thomas15
    thomas15

PP said:

"All has ended well, as I've already stated; my son got to go to the concert and he loved it. My wife got to go to the concert this evening. I'm told that the Sunday evening event is the best of the three nights. We were winners on all counts. The only losers were the Jehovah's Witnesses. And yes, that's sad as I know my parents love babysitting our children. But, they made their choice".

See, the Lord provided the way. Sometimes simple is better.

It is a shame Mark that your parents did this. I appreciate the gracefull way that you handled it. My kids are now 15 and 18 years old but when they were small we didn't have grandparents to babysit (but not because of religious reasons) so we always had to pay for a babysitter with only a few exceptions. We understand that it isn't just the cost of the babysitter, it's the stress of having a non-family member in charge of the little ones. I'm glad that you stood up for your faith as this is a two way street you are on. And the beauty of it is yours is right out of the Bible, plain and simple.

Tom

• loosie
    loosie

I don't think it matters what event you are attending while the grandparents watch the children. As long as it isn't illegal. I think any grandparent would have aproblem watching your kids if you are out dealing drugs... but other than that there shouldn't be a problem.

Cry persucution like JW's would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit