Further Punishements

by passwordprotected 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

OK, so I'm guessing your parents would have no problem babysitting for you if you were going to a rock concert where they sang about sex and drugs or if you were going to see a movie that was a little violent in places? And yet their consciences are bothered about you going to a spiritually uplifting event that extols God? Yeah, that's not twisted, is it?

LOL. Exactly what my wife said.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

you will always
    be the bad guy and they are always
    going to be righteous overmuch...

Yep. The latest slanderous rumour doing the rounds locally is that I believe I have the power of healing and that the people in our church are in an outrage about it...

• Chalam
    Chalam

OK, so I'm guessing your parents would have no problem babysitting for you if you were going to a rock concert where they sang about sex and drugs or if you were going to see a movie that was a little violent in places? And yet their consciences are bothered about you going to a spiritually uplifting event that extols God? Yeah, that's not twisted, is it?

I agree.

For me, if JWs want to sing songs to "jehovah" all day long then that is OK by me. I wouldn't mind baby sitting for them.

If I want to sing songs to Jesus (like they themselves would have earlier last century) they that is going to offend them.

Jesus is offensive and so is the symbol of power of His death and resurrection power.

Galatians 5:11 (New International Version)

11 Brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished.

All the best,

Stephen

• reniaa
    reniaa

You have grandparents that babysit often obviously trusting that you don't abuse that by asking them to support worship of another religion and in this case you decided to keep quiet and not tell them.

Why are you angry then when they find out and see you have decided to just ignore that trust and they respond accordingly by refusing?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    support worship of another religion

I thought worship was for God. Do you worship your religion Reniaa?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Why are you angry then when they find out and see you have decided to just ignore that trust and they respond accordingly by refusing?

Where did I say I was angry? And where did I say I was off worshiping a religion?

Are you personally offended by the idea of a room full of people listening to a choir singing songs of praise to God?

• reniaa
    reniaa

Alright I ment worshiping a False God aka involving another religions God you know as witnesses thats how they will see it, you know this you were once a witness? I myself view trinity as a false God.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

in this case you decided to keep quiet and not tell them.

No, I don't make the habit of informing them where we go in the few occasions we go out for the evening. As I've said, I'm a 37 year old married father...If they ask I'll tell them, i.e. "the cinema" or "a restaurant". In this case they asked yesterday when they had to be at our home to babysit and I replied that I'd find out when the concert started.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Alright I ment worshiping a False God aka involving another religions God you know as witnesses thats how they will see it, you know this you were once a witness? I myself view trinity as a false God.

Cool. Thanks for making it clear that you can't babysit for us tonight.

• Quandry
    Quandry

password,

I listened to the trailer and they sounded very nice. Quite an accomplishment to get 400 people together on the "same page" so to speak musically.

They looked like such happy singers. The songs sounded very upbeat, also.

It was interesting that I did not detect any accents as they sang. They could have been an American choir.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit