Further Punishements

by passwordprotected 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ SBF - "Another question is are you prepared to make allowances for your parents acting unreasonably because of their religion?"

Are they prepared to make allowances for me, my wife and how we're raising our children according to our faith? I think I have that answer.

I was prepared to make the allowance of not mentioning where we were going out of respect for their religion (notice; not faith). As stated above, I merely said we were going to a concert; they didn't ask which one. If they'd left it at that, their consciences would have been untainted and no allowances in either quarter would have needed to have been made. And they would have had the privilege of babysitting for us.

• loosie
    loosie

So what are you going to tell them PW protected? Are they going to see the kids in the future?

• caliber
    caliber

"The difference between lying and theocratic warfare is very strongly related to difference between

honesty or stupidity "~~~~Cal

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

So what are you going to tell them PW protected? Are they going to see the kids in the future?

I'll hold my counsel on that, this is the internet you know.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

PW -

I have missed several pages, so maybe i am repeating the obvious.

NEVER EVER LEAVE YOUR CHILD ALONE WITH A JW.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Ren -

Since you are so open and honest - why don't you tell the elders at your congo what you are finding out on this board and ask them if it is true?

You are obviously keeping this to yourself for the same reasons as many posters.

I fail to see how you can impute deliberate dishonesty to password, then in the same breath defend the organisation that would savage you alive if they found out you are taking part in reciprocal debate with persons on this board.

eg "would you look after my kids tonight so I can spend a couple of hours associating with apostates and self-confessed hypocrites on an anti witness web site?"

Who is looking after your children as you type your answers?

Who is seeing you do this?

As the scripture says "from SECRET sins pronounce me innocent."

HB

• isaacaustin
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You don't think you should have been more honest when you knew you were using them to facilitate you going to worship with another religion?

My reply: Is he 7 reniaa?

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

to be honest, it is quite obviously going to cause a problem for witnesses by attending an event like that.

of course PP knew this and didnt say exactly what it was.

my "worldly" family, who i loved the whole time and still love - would always invite me over for things for no reason, and when i showed up, it was a birthday party. This was pretty uncomfortable to me, and dishonest. They may have had good intentions, but it was dishonest.

this is what i think of when i think of your situation, except being a former witness (i assume) you should know much better.

you brought this on yourself.

deal with it.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It is ALWAYS an issue to do with THEIR conscience.

I knew a pioneer years ago. Her MIL was starting to soften about da troof. Lots of others in the fambly non JW.

MIL asks to borrow food processor.

The answer was yes.

MIL made mistake of adding that as she was getting older, mixing a Christmas Cake was too hard work for her. DIL immediately said I am not lending you my food processor for pagan uses.

After that MIL never listened again. " to that self righteous bigot." The poor son was torn between the Devil and the deep blue sea.

HB

Presumably by Ren's arguments we now have to tell people what we are borrowing a cup of sugar for, why we need a loan of a charger for our phone (maybe to text freeminds or silentlambs.org)

Are we asking a friend for a freshmint so we can indulge in immoral heavy petting. Or even deodorant, in case the gay we pick up doesnt like licking stinky pits?

CRAZY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit