call me lucky...everyone i have met here was real.....but one...

by oompa 54 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    scott77 wrote: I think it would be great to have many Apostafests advertised regularly on this site and for us to figure out which one is right for a right time and right place.

Umm, Scott... There is a section on JWN for just that purpose.

It's called: Apostafests & Get-Togethers and here's the link: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/meetups .

I've been to several (3 to 25 people) and even hosted a few. Always had a good time. The one's I've attended were very casual, tame and respectable. Well, all were respectable except one - but it was still very fun~! Actually, even that one was highly respectful of other's sensitivities. Pics are not taken at all meet-ups and if someone doesn't want to be in the photo, I've NEVER seen a problem.

I think it's about time for a good summer one. Not sure I can make it back up to Tahoe (finances) but a SoCal 'fest would be fun!

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Forgot to add - Oompa - your cryptic posts are still sooo frustrating.

If there is a fraud here ("everyone i have met here was real.....but one..."), could you please let us/me know who it is?

-Aude.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    FF - I've been toying with the idea of having another one, if I do, I hope you can make this one, enjoyed meeting you the time Uzzah had the Halloween fest.

I think I'm ready for another one now. I enjoyed meeting everyone the last time. I just have to watch the beers now. I can't handle too much these days.

At least I'm a cheap drunk...

W

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

I am too apathetic to consider myself an Apostate. But I would go to an apostate fest on the off chance of meeting a very attractive and sexually repressed woman.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Brocephus, LMAO! Good Luck on that one!

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I'm real, I just prefer cats to people. People always want to take something from you. I was always glad when we didn't get invited to something. I always preferred my wife's company to that of the bro's. In fact I find most men to be idiots with nothing to say. Maybe women are that way too, but at least they have tits, which is always of interest even if you're not planning on doing anything about it.

• mouthy
    mouthy

what part of pennsylvania?

Blue Christian Mountain
    1 Christian Lane
    New Ringold,PA.
    570-386-2154

www.BMCR.ORG

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I did make it to one "gathering"....the one that Mouthy talked about at the "Witnesses Now For Jesus" convention.....that topped ANY AND EVERY CONVENTION I ever attended in 30 years in Watchtowerland! I met so many great folks from this board and spent a lot of very precious time with Grace. I cannot travel more than an hour now so it is out of the question to attend any more of these fabulous gatherings. But I did have THAT three days and I will never forget the great memories.

As far as the pictures of apostafests goes....so many take the pictures, find out who is willing to have their face shown online...and who is NOT....and very graciously blotted out those that did want want to be seen just yet for whatever reason. Folks have always been pretty decent about this from what I could see.

Also, SOME get a big kick out of dragging out the WTS stuff and making light of what we ALL used to think was right from God's mouth. It is just one way of thumbing their noses at what tripe and garbage we swallowed down without question. Come on people...ya gotta admit that those horrid WTS "melodies" were laughable when we were IN the WTS.....and they sure look twice as foolish now that we are OUT, LOL!

hugs,

Annie

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Oompa, please tell us what happene with the one who isn't a real exjw. Can you identify him or her?

Gubberingbody, you sound just like my husband. I wonder if you two are related.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Coul be jamie, but then again I could just be as dull as most non-breasted men with nothing to say except I'm the one who's saying it. I understand the monkeys in the monkey house don't like the racket all the other monkeys are making.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit