call me lucky...everyone i have met here was real.....but one...

by oompa 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "You have answered some of my questions and curiosity. I confess once again,Iam a Watchtowerphobic, so I may feel incomfortable again reading their literatures at a time when I am still deprograming all those stuff they indoctrinated me over 20 years. I think a balance of activities , rules for member might help to make the event very festive and participatory."

Scott, Don't mis-understand me though. Last time when I mentioned this, one fella that was there at the apostafest said, "I'm sorry that you didn't have a good time."

I never said that I had a 'bad' time. I always can have fun... I just don't like the idea of folks falling back into JW-isms. This is one reason that I also don't like the term 'apostafest' being used for get-to-gethers of ex-jws. Perhaps a more friendly term like... 'reunion' - like they use for high school reunions.

It's almost like some folks can't get away from the fact that they used to be JWs... (he sez, posting on an ex-jw forum... hahahaha)

Anyway... I suppose that they're fun for lots of folks, as they tend to go to them and report later of the fun they had... but like I said previously... not my cup of tea. Heck... I don't even attend the 'meet-up' that they have locally. (I used to - I went to about 3 or 4 of them...)

Regards,

Jim TX

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I met many from the board at apostofests, but most of them no longer post here. I'm not likely to travel to one. Just getting out of the house to go shopping is a pain in the ass for me. I've become pretty reclusive over the years.

W

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I just checked... I'm real.

B the X

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

FF - I've been toying with the idea of having another one, if I do, I hope you can make this one, enjoyed meeting you the time Uzzah had the Halloween fest.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Sorry oompa! I should have told you I was born a man.

You are a good kisser though! LOL!

• asilentone
    asilentone

tread, did you kiss oompa for real????

• mouthy
    mouthy

If your new....And you want to meet exJWs,& you live near Chicago or Pennsylvania
    There is two GREAT conventions at both. I have gone to the one in Chicago 4 times,
    & the Pennsylvania one 21 times. They were FABULOUS!!!!!
    I'm to old to travel that far but I sure will miss them .I have met Many,many, wonderful,
    wonderful folks from here.
    Wonder if I can remember them. If I forget you PLEASE let me know.
    Uzzah,Bumblebee,Zev,Mary,I think Happydad,Yizman,Quotes,Peter,Researchlady,Koolaidman,
    orangefat,joytobefree,blondie,ireverant,dogpatch,deputydog,>>>>Never mind the Alzheimers kicking in.

• oompa
    oompa

lmao treadn.......now wonder you knew my equipment so well!........

funny how this thread went apostafest......so i will climb on board....in do way do i feel apostafest attendance has ANYTHING with being REAL...but even here, some can come across as genuine, but may have a double life or dark side that i was not expecting

believe it or not after 45 yr a dub....i woke up an about a week later found and instantly joined jwd.....as chance would have it there was an apostafest scheduled only about 30 miles from my home......and damm if i did not show up.......it was at a pizza place and i found it more interesting than fun as it was not a party atmosphere, but i liked getting to know those in such a small club.......i know one of the attenders still posts, but dang i cant remember her handle right now.......she still carries the guilt of a dead son who did not get a blood transfusion and it think that was her call

however....i have met over 20 jwd folk and had a blast at nearly every occasion....i have been to only two really advertised apostafests, but keep falling into social events with several of us there and THAT is fun.......in other words, once you get to know some here through pms and phone......they ARE friends........and then you have a grill out, or beerfest, or beach trip.......and ya.....those little private apostafests are the way to go. heck the other week i was hangin with a couple of my local jwd friends...and other jwd friends from ny were visiting, and we hooked up with another jwd friend who is gay (and really cute!) and we hit the town and wound up parting down at a huge gay club!!.....OMG i had no idea how many babes party at these places!!!.........ya......i love to boogie......

I am surprised at how many jwd are in my area, and also that two were old friends of mine.......and i have also done apostagolf with some in the area.........the bond that we all share is unbelievable........it is indeed a very special and small club................oomps

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

what part of pennsylvania?

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I'm actually many many hours away from many who post, but I have an apostafest everyday in my home as I live with one! It's a blast!

Also, I'm real. I just felt to make sure. Yup.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit