call me lucky...everyone i have met here was real.....but one...

by oompa 54 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

so be careful.......there may be one out of ten.....or a hundred or a thousand........

and even the unreal one was pretty real....but had major issues..............oomps

we are a very small club......compared to udders.........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..Check your PM`s Bud......................OUTLAW

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oompa! What are you saying? Does it really matter that I was a 300 lb trucker who had never been a JW???

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I've found through the years that the fastest way to weed out the bullshitters is to invite them to an apostafest. The blowhards never show up.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the fastest way to weed out the bullshitters is to invite them to an apostafest. The blowhards never show up.

That is good - I went to a Wisconsin Apostafest amnd met some very cool people including Blondie and Husband

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

There are a lot of people who can't go to one because of their situation, but they're not who I'm talking about when I say "blowhard". Stilla, I hope you make it to Dallas someday. We're overdue for one.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Just because you're invited to an apostafest, doesn't mean you can go, especially if it's not in your town. Some people work on the weekends, too. I have met two people, face to face, from JWD and talked to several on the phone. I have not been able to make it an apostafest. I believe most fakes will show themselves eventually.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What's a blowhard?

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

To me, a blowhard is someone who seeks out controversy on the board, someone who people are interested in knowing or at least meeting irl and then when they realize they might actually have to put their money where their mouth is, chicken out at the last minute, even after asking you to help them book a hotel room or reserve a bedroom in your home for their visit.

But that's just my definition. FHN would not be included in that ;-)

• yknot
    yknot

Now now.... some of us are still working are way to apostafest!

Baby steps

Oompa whatever is going on.... I am sending you some good vibes for a wonderful weekend!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit