Not having a paradise earth in the future makes me sad - What about you?

by BonaFide 85 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber
    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him ..1Cor 2:9

What is the meaning of this verse ?

• yknot
    yknot

The glass is half full my friend not half empty.....

Look at all you have done as accomplishments .....

You loyally 'worked' for an international non-profit billion dollar organization in a supervisory position.

You value your decisions, choices, education and relationships far more now then when you entered MTS!

You have a clearer vision and appreciation for your life's directions too.

Religiously you seem to still be sorting your beliefs out like many of us here.

Now take a minute and think of all those who you know who will probably be 'let go' or 'downsized' in the near future and are still fully held captive....... Dude you are way ahead of that curve!

And no more adult diaper talk.... medical advancements can already re-create bladders from stem cells! Regenerative Medicine is going to be BIG, hell pixie dust is being tested at Brooke Army medical right now!

Besides you could always purchase a small ranch (naming it Paradise Earth), plant some cool vegetation, buy a pet lion and other animals and invite your family and dubbie friends over for some R&R!

• flipper
    flipper

BONAFIDE- Even though I was a born-in witness for 44 years - I think that after 1975 came and went with no Armageddon when I was 16 I had silent doubts that an alleged " paradise " would ever really come. From that point forward I kind of had a " well let's wait and see " attitude and when I finally left in 2003 I had no feelings of sadness because I had pretty much convinced myself by then that it was an unreality and all a fantasy. So I had gradually come to see it was not true at all.

Lots of great takes on this thread from everyone- but if I could recommend one thing for you to do- live in the here and now. Enjoy each moment of life now - because we don't know what tomorrow will bring. Get yourself involved in hobbies you enjoy. You said you like hiking ( I do as well ) . Go see places you have never seen in the mountains, or beach if that's your choice. As witnesses the WT society drilled into our heads expressions like being " alien residents " or " live for the new system " - so we were conditioned NOT to live and enjoy the here and now. It's one reason so many on these boards have problems moving on in their post Jehovah's Witness life- in my opinion.

But life is great ! It's there for the taking ! The adventure ! The discoveries of who we are and as Wilyloman said , we can make a difference in people's lives by being ourselves and helping others because it makes us feel good and it's the right thing to do ! Makes peaceful relations with others ! So we have lots of opportunities to reach out for - in the here and now ! Don't need a paradise for that. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's still coming, just not only for Jehovah's Witnesses.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Thanks Ynot, and Flipper. I have re-read this topic several times and it definitely helps. Tuesday wrote about charity work.

Instead of preaching to people as a missionary I could have helped build houses in South America for Habitat for Humanity or some other organization.

When I had a rural circuit for a couple of years, it was so strange because I hardly EVER came across another gringo. But twice I met gringo's from the States building houses for poor people. I met them while I was in service, AND I THOUGHT I WAS DOING THE BETTER WORK. What a complete idiot.

Well, at least I have the chance now to help others. I wish I could help bring down the Organization. That would help a lot of suffering people.

BF

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

TD: That's bang on! That is exactly how I reason with witnesses who don't seem to reason on the WT peradise dream too deeply.

• oompa
    oompa

ya.....that is pretty true for me too.....i wanted to sail every nook and cranny of the planet.......then find other planets to explore...........oompa

reality is a bitch...........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bonafide..The only paradise..Is the one you make,for your short time here.......Thats the Truth!..You have to live with it..We all do.....Good Thread.....................OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While the petting lions and kicking beachballs against elephants and endless picnics where the women wear skirts past their knees is all very nice sounding, the idea that a loving god would destroy 99.9% of everybody because they don't listen to these strange people that ring their doorbell on Saturday was just too much.

I am not sad that this is not true now. Maybe for the first 7 or 8 years in the religion, I was hooked on Paradise, but I am much better now.

I think the difference between a future hope and reality is that you can live happier NOW. Right now, not later.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

I'm new here but I'll give opinion on a "paradise earth."

I have not lost my belief in God. After the leaving the Witnesses I, like many others, started over again from the very beginning. First question: Did God exist? That was the first question I set out to answer for myself not from the Bible but by reasoning things through. To my mind it makes more sense that God exists and that he is the maker of the earth and all the stars and galaxies around us. I know many here would not agree but that's okay. We are all free to believe as we please. Feels so good doesn't it!!

I believe that God created the physical universe and he created it for a reason otherwise as a line from the movie CONTACT puts it, "that would be an awful waste of space." NASA scientists would love to visit Mars and walk on that planet and they would of course love to travel to the other side of the galaxy and so on. We have an exploring nature and someday man/woman will likely be able to do those things. I believe we will.

Do I believe in a paradise earth as the Watchtower teaches it? Heaven forbid! The Watchtower teaches a worldwide Bethel/Pattersen situation where everyone will be little publisher-like people doing everything with a smile and a please and thank-you and reading the latest edition of the Paradise Earth Watchtower which always reminds them of how great the FDS was!

But I do believe God created the earth and the milky way and he did it for a reason.

believing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit