Not having a paradise earth in the future makes me sad - What about you?

by BonaFide 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

BF,

Its natural that we want to live a happy, satsfying long lives be it forever. Not only for ourselves but for our families and friends. If the paradise will ever come true or not, give it the benefit of doubt. In meantime, focus on the reality not on fantasy, a point stressed by leavingwt. IF God is too good, too compassionate, then he will do something to address the many shortcommings you have raised above but.. not through the WTS, an organisation that has extensively exploited mankind's desire for everlasting life to its advantage.

Scott77

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

It takes time -- a lifetime maybe, whether long or short -- to face life as it is, to learn to stand its unseparable mix of "good" and "bad" without escaping in fantasy, and ultimately love it -- as it is.

The later we wake up to this task, the faster we have to learn; the faster we will learn.

La vida es bella ya verĂ¡s, como a pesar de los pesares...

• villabolo
    villabolo

Become a techno-utopian. Paradise is something we can build by ourselves if we only change our nature. Resurrection? Time travel can take care of that. It's up to humanity as to whether this society and earth can be turned into a Paradise.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I would like to take this opportunity to plug a book that I really enjoyed...

They Myth of Certainty by Daniel M. Taylor

http://www.amazon.com/Myth-Certainty-Reflective-Christian-Commitment/dp/0830822372/

If you'd like to have a strong faith in an eternal reward of bliss, you need not have a 192-page blue book that lays everything out with an air of certainty.

-LWT

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi BF,

I am no JW but I am looking forward to the New Jerusalem along with my fellow born again Christians.

Have a read for yourself, easily the best two chapters in the whole bible Revelation 21 Revelation 22

You never know, you might see something new in there since you aren't a JW any more?

All the best,

Stephen

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The thought of no paradise does not make me sad. There would still be death: Animals as well as people who "messed up" after getting there and ended up getting destroyed. In paradise, I would live in constant fear that I still was not doing enough to please Jehovah, and the first misstep, Jehoober would take it all way from me.

The real clincher is the thought that I would have to be around those that were chosen by Jeboodie to be with me, and not necessarily who I would choose as friends that I would want to be around. If being in the Congregations and having to deal with all of the gossip, backbiting, cliques, and other problems is any indication of what paradise would be like, I would rather not be there anyways.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I like the thought that my loved ones (though not JW "select" partakers) have gone on to a better life already. Not just in the "ground of nothingness" waiting till the resurrection, as the WTS teaches.

Now what is depressing is looking toward the future on this earth being in a paradise and 99% of people getting killed first and then all that cleanup work all those years (vultures and all) and still not guaranteed eternal life and then have to go through another 1000 yrs. and to go through a tremendous horrible time again after all that, now that's truly depressing!!! (Hey,,where does the WTS have that printed? I forget)

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Frankly when I sat down and thought about it objectively I never really understood the tortuous reasoning of the JWs. How can one miss something that is a total fabrication? As for taking comfort from the book of revelation I'd rather read a mail order catalogue.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There was a nasty vindictive killer God between me and Paradise.

I was never going to get there.

• beksbks
    beksbks

One thing I have struggled with is living in the moment. Finding contentment today. Not worrying about yesterday and feeling guilty, and not pining away for tomorrow. I assume it's because of the way we were raised as JW's. It's a waste of a life. Most of which is ultimately pretty beautiful if you embrace it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit