Not having a paradise earth in the future makes me sad - What about you?

by BonaFide 85 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Just because JW's are full of caca, doesn't mean there isn't something better beyond what we know now.

• VIII
    VIII

Not having a paradise earth in the future does not make me sad. At all.

I re-read all the JW literature and bible scriptures on the JW website and no where does the bible state the earth will become a paradise. It is a total, complete lie. Manufactured by the WTS.

So, why would I mourn for something that is a complete fabrication?

As for something better beyond what we know?

I live for now, today and the remaining years of my life.

Look around you, there is beauty all around in nature. People, for the most part, are good. Beauty in technology, beauty in weather patterns.

The JWs have tried to paint such a negative picture of all things dealing with the here and now, as they have done for the last 125 years, that it is easy to get sucked into the thought pattern of "all things in the *world* are evil." That just is not true.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Bona Fide:

You could have written your post for me. You have eloquently stated exactly how I have felt. I wanted it to be true. But it isn't.

So, I look around me and realize this earth isn't so bad the way it is. The beauty, the happiness, the pain and loss have tenderized my heart. I find within myself a deep compassion for most all things. I no longer take for granted those that I love. I know our time is short and I thank God for every moment I still have. There is so little time, and so much to do. Since God is not going to step in to fix things, I guess it comes down to us to do it. And I will gladly do so. I know you will too.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

This earth is a beautiful place and I'm so glad to be free from the narrowmindedness (sp?) of the Watchtower. I remember when I left and the first feeling that came over me was sorrow of course but then there was also this realization that yes, people, many people, can and do give good things to their fellow. That realization that there are beautiful people all over the world who would give their life to help someone and work to preserve the environment and a host of many other good things was like a window opening. The Watchtower cloak had fallen, the idea of only one true Christian faith and that all others were doomed to die had itself died and I was free and living possibly for the first time since my early childhood.

Maybe I'm greedy. I love the earth and want to help preserve it but I also hope for better days for all of us and for our beautiful planet. I think it's called eating my cake and having it too. lol

I'm so glad I'm here on this board.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have got past the disappointment now, but at the time of "awakening" my sense of shock was closely followed by a crushing disappointment that there was not going to be a New World.

Everybody has their own picture of what it would be like, based on their own preferences, My New World was kind of English with me working with animals, I had a mental picture of me driving a horse and cart down a country lane. If I had been a better person then I would have thought of all the suffering people in the world, but I guess their plight came second to my mind..I also realised that I would never see my dead Mother again.

All this seems pretty stupid now. Of course these fantasies and pipe dreams would never have become reality, but when you have known it from childhood and all the people that you have known and respected also believed it, then of course it is real to you.

What do I feel now? I would rather know the truth , of course. It is better to deal with the reality of life, and not be misled into thinking that a future exists - when it does not exist.

BTW - I do not miss the idea that I may have had to spend eternity gardening though - that thought used to worry me !

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM
    I too wanted it all to be true....I dreamed about running through a beautiful meadow, viewing waterfalls, and petting all the animals. I do not know what to believe now....some religions teach that the earth will one day be man's home, or they picture heaven as a place that is a beautiful garden.

That, of course, is why my name is Quandry. I just am so disillusioned....and saddened by the revealing of the history of the JWs.

Yes quandary, I too feel disappointed that the WTS has proven to be something different to what it claims - how can they be so dogmatic about paradise earth when Jesus did not teach the masses about it? If it features so prominently in Gods purpose how come the Apostles and first century Christians did not preach or teach others about paradise earth?

Another example of the WTS going "beyond the things written" and teaching/preaching their interpretation of the Bible...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit