Going Gray...would you dare?

by restrangled 55 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have been a blond my entire life, and am really sick of trying to maintain these locks in the champagne color family. My roots are now a shimmering silver and I wonder should I get it done that way.

Girls what would you do?....guys can post too by the way!

• megs
    megs

I'm 39, and have been grey since I was 25... I'm not ready yet! I dye my hair regularly

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Going gray here. Won't dye my hair cuz I have a relaxer on my hair and I'm not up for my hair falling out. Besides, I like it.

Josie

• Dagney
    Dagney

LOL. I'm platinum, with sort of the same problem. And it is a problem.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Is the product harsh on your hair? Maybe a darker blond with highlights would be easier to keep up. I have a few stray grays an am not ready yet. I just think a pretty hair color is one of the best things a woman can do for her looks. Maybe if you look through some hairstyle mags you'll come up with something fresh.

• John Doe
    John Doe

My mom's hair was long and turned silver when she was in her late 40's. I always thought the silver hair was the prettiest thing about her. However, I can't imagine anyone covering up their natural beauty with noxious chemicals. Call me odd.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My hair has lots of gray. I have baby fine hair that can easily be destroyed with over processing. I don't have the money for regular trips to the salon to have my hair touched up, so have just let it do what it wants to do, naturally. The other day I was at work and I saw my hair in the restroom mirror. I have a lot more gray around my part and I noticed it looked shimmery silver, very pretty. The rest of my hair is a golden, honey brown. People tell me I look like I am still in my early 30's, so I don't get too upset about it. Gray hair doesn't necessarily look bad on all people.

• chickpea
    chickpea

my first white hair showed up
    when i was 16; by mid-30's i
    was pretty much totally white
    in the front, evidently with some
    darker hair in the back, under the white....

i havent ever coloured it....
    when i am in bright sunlight
    my head looks like it is glowing....

• restrangled
    restrangled

Jd....that was the sweetest thing I have ever heard from you....you are a darling!

r.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was thinking the same thing about what JD said. Very sweet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit