Going Gray...would you dare?

by restrangled 55 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

My beard is grey. The top of my head is ..."flesh" colored. I refuse to cover the grey, or get a rug or whatever. I am who/what I am.

JD, nice comment about your mom. I had a friend a few years ago whose response to getting grey was to dye her wild mane silver. You could spot on the street from about three blocks away.

FHN: nice pictures. Don't worry about the grey. Natural is much better than whatever comes out of a bottle.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Fh....your skin looks beautiful, infact you look like you are closer to 30 in those picks...No special stuff needed for you!

I bought very expensive makeup etc. for the last ten years and I have figured out the grocery store stuff does the same thing.

I stopped slathering on the estee Lauder, etc....it has done nothing.

I have stayed out of the sun, so I have no eye wrinkles.....not to say I don't have others.

Take care, .....you are absolutely gorgeous!

r.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

I stopped coloring by 30 and had a nice Elizabeth Taylor salt & pepper going.

Completely gray before 40, now at 50 a total Q-tip head.

BF

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Jeff and Re. That cam really does edit out the blotches and lines, etc. I used to use Nivea CoQ10, but they stopped making it. The Principal Secret is skin care products and they don't cost a lot. I'm interested to see if they will just smooth out the fine stuff and clear up the splotches. I doubt I'll keep doing it. Just curious.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Bithe, did you have Elizabeth's black hair to begin with? I loved her coloring.

• Simon
    Simon

I've got some grey bits, mostly at the side ... I gave dying it a try ("touch of grey" for men, LOL) but really can't be bothered - the girls at work said I looked better with the grey and they seemed sincere (or at least they are really good at not laughing, he he he)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Simon, most men look distinguished with graying hair. Post a pic, please.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have some gray..I decided to leave it..I earned every one of those gray hairs!!.............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Got plenty of silver hairs peeking out of the dark ones in my beard. Only a few on my head. I like them.

BTS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I've had people ask me if I high lighted my hair. I'm like, "Nooo, this is just gray hair!" And one co-worker said, "Are you sureeeee??"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit