Going Gray...would you dare?

by restrangled 55 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Chix seem to dig some gray. And if you have a ring on your finger, then they really hit on you. Getting older isn't all that bad for a guy.

BTS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's not that bad for us girls either. I have to say though that some guys, once they get in their 40's and over can look kind of old because they act kind of old. And it's often those old acting guys that are chasing 20 year olds.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

My hair is all white. It started turning grey at 30. I still have a full head of hair.only white.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Bithe, did you have Elizabeth's black hair to begin with? I loved her coloring.FH

Yes , I did very, very, dark brown. Black brows & lashes. Brows are getting white steaks now. For a little while when it really got gray , I had my hair streaked with a cap like blondes do , except I dyed more dark into it.

What was really funny , is when I let it go gray, I was mistaken for a blonde while driving. It took me a few weeks to figure out why all of a sudden I was turning mens heads , and they were checking me out . But only when I was in my truck, never when out walking.Then a girlfriend said I looked blonde when driving. LOL! It made we want to buy a redhead wig to see what that would result in.But red looks awful on me.If you're a blonde , I'd say stay that way as long as you can. A woman can always get a boost from a little drive by oggleing!

BF

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think about dying my hair back to it's honey blonde color of my youth. The maintenance is what stops me.

This is what color my hair was when I was 15. In my late teens it began to darken to a light, honey brown.

HeatherChristmas73-1.jpg picture by paisleytothemax

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

FH, get a weave, slowly lighten the color, let the gray grow out. As the years advance you can go lighter & allow more gray, it will all seem so natural. BF

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have started to get some stray grey hairs in my bangs and by the ears. I have been trimming those hairs when I find them, but eventually I will have to start dyeing. My hair is currently damaged (fine, dry, and breaking), and I don't think it would bear up too well with dyeing .... I don't do highlights anymore for that reason. Plus my hair has such a nice light brown color that sparkles in the sun, I'd hate to dye that away.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

at first I liked the gray. I looked younger than I was at the time and it was a problem in sales. When the hair started to fall out I was concerened. I care little now.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

No way I'll go Gray.......at least till I'm 80....

• Scott77
    Scott77

FlyingHighNow, you are still a hotie even now at 50. I have at least five gray hairs on my head and one on my beard. Iam sure, will be getting more as time goes by.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit