I commented about apostates today at the meeting

by cognac 82 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

If I'm not correct in your eyes show me a scripture which allows us to disobey leaders and create divisions by our actions! I challenge you!

What if someone leaves the leadership of the Governing Body - ie. doesn't remain a JW, thus causing divisions - and quietly gets on with the rest of their life? Why does the Governing Body attribute the class 'apostate' to such a person, with the word having a definition unique to the Watch Tower Society?

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

I am wondering - was Jesus an apostate? Didn't he created divisions amongst his Jewish brethren?

• cognac
    cognac

Apostasy according the the WTS definition is rejecting your beliefs, opposing the organisation/Jehovah and rejecting the organisation. Check the Reasoning book. - Password

Password - Interesting that they define it this way. According to Strong's Dictionary, apostasy comes from the Greek word "apostasia" meaning "falling away, forsake". It's interesting that they BORG turns the word into "opposing the organization/Jehovah and rejecting the organization".

When I spoke of Thess, btw, I was referring to 2 Thess.2:3, 4 where it says: Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called “god” or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god.

• I quit!
    I quit!

"If I'm not correct in your eyes show me a scripture which allows us to disobey leaders and create divisions by our actions! I challenge you!"

Reniaa

Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will then not both fall into a pit? Luke 6:39 NIV

All I can say Reniaa is keep following them if you don't mind falling into pits but they may someday lead you into a pit you can't get out of. Most of the people here are here because they got tired of falling in the pits the WT Society kept leading them into.

Cognac was just pointing out their arrogance in claiming that anyone who doesn't agree with the Society is at odds with God. If the Society, or you take issue with what she said then they, or you prove her point.

• reniaa
    reniaa

isaac scriptures don't cancel each other out you know the 'obey is clear. and yes my leaders has spoken the word of Jehovah God to me. You don't have to obey because you have your own leaders who have spoken the word of God to you!

what are we arguing here isn't that you doubt leadership but that you doubt that Jws are the correct leadership which is different again.

I 'tested' the spirit of trinity and find it unbiblical it is not the word of God so I chose a religion that does teach the word of God. and I follow the leaders of that religion.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    I follow the leaders of that religion

And still post on this site....interesting definition of follow.....

• reniaa
    reniaa

are we arguing against leadership here or just against Jw leadership?

fair enough if you think they don't teach the word of God but that is your choice.

But Jesus clearly shows we will have a church/congregation of men including leaders among them until he comes and this church isn't wiped out because you are unable to decide which is the right one!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

isaac scriptures don't cancel each other out you know the 'obey is clear. and yes my leaders has spoken the word of Jehovah God to me. You don't have to obey because you have your own leaders who have spoken the word of God to you!

what are we arguing here isn't that you doubt leadership but that you doubt that Jws are the correct leadership which is different again.

I 'tested' the spirit of trinity and find it unbiblical it is not the word of God so I chose a religion that does teach the word of God. and I follow the leaders of that religion.

No reniaa, Scriptures do not cancel each other out- they explain each other. Hebrews is not contradictory- obey your leaders insofar as their teachings are of Christ. I don't doubt leadership. What kind of leadership though? Certainly not one built on salvation by following legalistic mandates. Leadership in taking the lead to bring honor to God. I surely doubt JW leadership as their history and current trend show their teachings to not be of Christ.

You have said you have tested the spirit and found the trinity to be unbiblical. Fair enough. let's assmue for argument sake the WT is right on that (I am not conceding or admitting they are- I believe they are wrong so do not ever try to claim that I admitted it is wrong)...but for the sake of this conversation let's assume. That still does not make them of God. And there are other groups that do not subscribe to the Trinity. I am not going to get into a Trinity debate on this thread..start that on a new thread if you desire.

Yes, Jesus said he would have a group of followers, or true church. However, this is not a specific organization. It is his followers worldwide...who are in different churches (or not a part of any church) who have put their trust in him and live their lives for him. That is the church, or body of Christ which will not be wiped out.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Yes, Jesus said he would have a group of followers, or true church. However, this is not a specific organization. It is his followers worldwide...who are in different churches (or not a part of any church) who have put their trust in him and live their lives for him. That is the church, or body of Christ which will not be wiped out."

With that being said, is the bOrg considered to be part of the body of Christ?

Josie

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

If I can comment here reniaa, I posted a youtube video of a trinitarian discussing his belief with a JW. Please see this video, to me after watching it the trinity makes perfect sense. I'm not saying that the trinity is definetly how God is, who knows, but you can clearly see through this video and many more that the trinity has just as many scriptures backing it, if not more so.

Please take a look.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit