I commented about apostates today at the meeting

by cognac 82 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

I like your comment. That took guts. But didn't you just get out of trouble with them a little while ago?

• Gayle
    Gayle

I respect your courage!! Anyway, what part of Thessolonians, do they not agree with, you were only commenting on a scripture there, right?

Best wishes, and don't let those elders get control of your life or the situation.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I thank God everyday that I'm out also.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Cognac "

I couldn't help myself. It was so obnoxious what the paragraph was saying about apostates."

Cognac, I don't get the mags. Please tell me, what exactly did the paragraph say about apostates? I am just curious to know how much emphasis they will be putting on apostates now and twisting their bible verses into applying "the godly hate" toward us.

Thanks.

• Spectre
    Spectre

As stated in another thread, their mentality is that there is no valid reason for leaving the wtbts.

So therefore, people only leave because of demunz!

Ugh...... the time wasted because of this cult.

• reniaa
    reniaa

courageous but not biblical, you were right in one respect difference of opinion biblically is allowed but it is what you do with that difference that makes you apostate.

Romans 16:17I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

1 Corinthians 1:10
    I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Philippians 4:2
    I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to agree with each other in the Lord.

• Jack Burton
    Jack Burton

Reniaa-

I find it beyond ironic that you are posting comments bashing apostates on an apostate web sight!

Are you aware that you could be labelled an apostate just for posting on this sight?

I'm curious, are you an active witness, and if so, why do you feel the need to constantly defend the WTS on this board?

If you are not an active witness, what is holding you back? If the WTS really is "The Truth" why jump back in with both feet?

Why do you feel the need to have it both ways?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"So I said that having a difference of opinion is not a problem but really as brought out by Thessolonians it is when a person raises themselves up above God to have people follow them instead of God that they are considered bad in God's eyes."............................... Reniaa..Cognac simply pointed out what the bible says........That go`s against WBT$ rule does`nt it Reniaa?..LOL!! Romans 16:17I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them................What cognac wrote is contrary to WBT$ teachings..But..Not what the bible teach`s..........You don`t like that do you?......You put the WBT$ ahead of the bible at every opportunity......This is just another example............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jack Burton..You will find Reniaa likes to cherry pick the WBT$ Rules she will follow..If they don`t suit her,they don`t apply to her....All the while defending WBT$ rules and teachings.....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• caliber
    caliber
    And over all these put on love, which is the perfect bond of union ..Col 3:14
    We know that we all possess knowledge. [ a ] Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. 2 The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. 3 But the man who loves God is known by God. 1cor 8:1

So Paul tells them to work from the place of love. Paul sets love above knowledge. Love –expressed to build up a person. It is love that allows us to act for ‘the other. Love’s aim is the benefit and advantage of another person. Love is for the building up of community, the raising up of honest fellowship. Love frees us to put others first, frees compassion, kindness and consideration for others. Love, and the action love direct us to do, builds up community. Actions that come from a place of love are selfless actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit