I commented about apostates today at the meeting

by cognac 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Jack Burton
    Jack Burton

So Reniaa has basically started her own religion. That's pretty sweet.

Any suggestions on the name of this new faith?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I think we should just ignore reniaa..... she does not get it!

she tells us she's (he) never coming back, and then she (he) shows up when she (he) needs to put her 2c in!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jack Burton..If you read Reniaa`s posts..Some days she is a Jehovah`s Witness..Some days she`s thinking about returning to the Jehovah`s Witness`s..It just depends on the day and how she feels.........Theres no way to make any sense of it..The best you can do is point out her inconsistancies.........She`s always back with more nonsense..We`re used to it.................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

DaCheech..Reniaa is here to promote the WBT$ party line..Although it`s very obvious she does not live by WBT$ rules.............If we ignore her,she re-enforces WBT$ lies on our board.......She`s part of our board and a good example of how easily WBT$ bullshit is exposed.......Not much point in getting pissed off about it..It works to the advantage of why this board exists............................OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi outlaw your still doing your best to ignore me I see!

what make somoeone an apostate is a complicated subject hense why I only quoted scripture. It is an active thing when you genuinely appose your former faith doing things to express that opposition.

• Jack Burton
    Jack Burton

Reniaa-

You do realize that in the eyes of some of the hardcore elders, you can be called an apostate for even thinking differently than the WTS?

It seems that you take the side of the WTS on every issue, yet decide for yourself what rules you will follow. I'll ask you this again, although I don't think you'll answer. If the WTS has "The Truth", why don't you follow all the rules, what is holding you back?

I'm just curious...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..How can anyone Ignore you?..LOL!!.. What makes someone an Apostate is "not" a complicated subject...."Apostate":a renunciation or abandonment of a former loyalty (as to a Religion).. Let me give you some examples of WBT$ Apostasys......The WBT$ predicted the New System by 1925..Rutherford bought a manson to house all the prophets that would return in 1925..It made the local Newspaper in California!..Rutherford also bought the returning Prophets cars,2 Brand new Cadillac Coupes..Very expensive vehicles for that time..Gangster Al Capone only owned 1 Cadillac Coupe..LOL!!........The WBT$ no longer believes the New System will be here by 1925..The WBT$ is now Apostate to thier own teachings from decades ago...........The WBT$ also preached the New system By 1975..That date did`nt work out either..More WBT$ Apostasy!.................The WBT$ preached "The Generation of 1914 would not pass away"..The WBT$ no longer preaches that,because all the people from 1914 are dieing..Just to make the WBT$ look bad!..LOL!!..More WBT$ Apostasy.......................Reniaa I hope you`ve enjoyed our time together and your lesson on WBT$ Apostasy....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Watchtower prophecy!

what that deutoronomy scripture about false prophets?

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Reniaa, the verses you qouted say nothing about Apostasy. I am familiar with them and they are about not being quarellsome or argumentative. Sometimes you swallow your pride for the good of the congregation and let things go. Even if you choose not to heed that advice it just makes you a pain in ass not an apostate. To be an Apostate you must leave the org and actively work to bring it down.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I think the WTS defines apostasy as disagreeing with them and encouraging others to do so. You can't convince them that they don't understand the Bible, even though I don't think they do. I don't think of myself as disgreeing with God or the Bible...just the WTS interpretation of it. Fine distinction to be sure, but it's important to me.

Don't you have to be wholeheartedly loyal to something in the first place to be apostate to it?

I doubt I was ever "in" in the sense of being a true believer. And I sucked at it most of the time because of that unbelief, so I tend to think that my baptism into those beliefs that should have never happened in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit