I commented about apostates today at the meeting

by cognac 82 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

can those of the body of Christ also be false prophets? Can those of the body of Christ set themselves up as Jesus? Can the be responsible for the deaths of many by their own man-made rules? Can they load up their members with man-made restrictions not defined in Scriptue and shut up the kingdom of the heaven to those who do not follow their mandates?

So the question here is not obeying leadership when in line with the words of Jesus, but rather if the WT is part of the body. Josie you broke that down well.

• snowbird
    snowbird

With that being said, is the bOrg considered to be part of the body of Christ?

Josie

No, because it has lifted itself up over all who call on the Name of Jesus!

THEY are the apostates.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Reniaa:

I Corinthians 10: 10 ...

For say they: "[His] letters are weighty and forceful, but [his] presence in person is weak and [his]
    speech contemptible."

Have a good day and keep posting!

Love,

CoCo

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

awesome cognac

• trebor
    trebor

reniaa: "I 'tested' the spirit of trinity and find it unbiblical it is not the word of God so I chose a religion that does teach the word of God. and I follow the leaders of that religion."

Really, do they teach the word of God or go against it?

The Bible condemns adding to the Word of God. This is emphasized in such scriptural passages as: Deuteronomy 4:2, Deuteronomy 12:32, Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19.

What does the Watchtower Society allow and promote?

The December 15, 2008 Watchtower on page 28 states:

“Our coming to know “the truth” – the entire body of Christian teachings that has become part of the Bible – and adhering to it are essential for salvation.”

Yes, "the truth" (Which of course is the interpretation and beliefs as taught by the Watchtower Society) has become part of the Bible according to the Watchtower magazine which is promoted and reviewed by the Governing Body, serving as spiritual food for Jehovah's Witnesses.

How is that teaching the word of God? They can't even follow what the Bible plainly states.

• poppers
    poppers

reniaa said: I 'tested' the spirit of trinity and find it unbiblical it is not the word of God so I chose a religion that does teach the word of God. and I follow the leaders of that religion.

Take some time and watch this and then see what you think of the trinity. I credit Tuesday for providing the link.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1453B88749F74017

The thread Tuesday started: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/176702/1/Must-see-video-on-Youtube-where-a-JW-is-clearly-defeated-on-the-trinity-subject

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Sounds to me like the GB is claiming to be inspired here. If their 'truth' has become a part of the Bible- and those writers were inspired- what is the GB claiming here?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"I 'tested' the spirit of trinity and find it unbiblical it is not the word of God so I chose a religion that does teach the word of God. and I follow the leaders of that religion." Reniaa will not accept any other explanaition of the Trinity except the WBT$ version........People who believe the trinity tell Reniaa the WBT$ Version is not what they believe..Reniaa won`t accept the explanation because the WBT$ says People who believe the Trinity,believe the WBT$ version............I`ve seen more than a few try to tell Reniaa what they actually believe..There`s no getting through to her.......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa

firstly gb do not claim inspiration only spirit guidance! out of context wt's are not proof why not show the whole article un-edited please in context. I do not have a wt disc so do not have time to check up these quotes from wt's that anti-witnesses always drag up.

they do claim the authority of leadership which is biblically alowed for the church of God.

HI isaac I see where your getting at now, you are using one scripture to qualify another hmmm that is not how it works. The 'obey leaders' scripture is a stand alone one that clearly shows that they have authority of leadership that isn't limited to just teachings.

If what you said is correct paul telling women to keep heads covered is unbiblical. that isn't about teaching but a practicality in the life of being christian among many other things paul says.

To those that say all christendom is part of Jesus's body and will be acceptable sorry this is not biblical.

Matthew 7:21
    "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7:13-23 (New International Version)

13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. 15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

this in context this is showing the qualification is doing the will of Jesus's father that makes them acceptible to Jesus not just calling on his name!

or is Jesus lying here?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I've tested the spirit of Reniaa and I don't believe she's the person she claims to be. :0)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit