2009 Drama Synopsis and Comments

by jabberwock 72 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The last assembly I attended a few years ago had a modern day drama. They are the worst. I am glad I don't have to go to this.

• Waffles
    Waffles

Wow, just reading that boils my blood for some reason. I can just imagine all the clueless Dub's in the audience that have a tear brought to their eye over how touching and warm the drama is. Ugh.

Just to re-state what's already been stated... this is utter crap as this fellow would be welcomed back by a judicial committee, and is such an obvious attempt to play on the emotions of the many many witnesses that have had family members "wise up" and leave "the truth" behind.

• minimus
    minimus

My JW family say I have "left Jehovah" and they treat me as if I don't exist (except for my mother). This drama will justify their Christlike personality and make some feel guilty.

• BurnTheShips
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Wow I wonder how the average jw will be effected by this type of crap. I'm so glad to be out of this BS religion.

Sadly most jws will not use any type of critical thinking, and be spouting off like zombies: "how timely the drama was" and "how much we needed that drama" and the super zombieall time favorite catch phrase: "Each convention is better than the last and how the last one was better than the one before etc..."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well written up, Jabberwock..the dubs have reason to ""Beware the Jabberwock, my son!" as L C would say..

Well, the drama has "flirting" and "partying"..sounds interesting, I bet they had fun rehearsing it.

Sounds to be full of stereotypes and has painted a worst case scenario for a young JW tempted to place a foot outside the congregation. Everybody knows that "It ain't necessarily so" and motor accidents happen to dubs too.

I expect it will be on You Tube

• Kudra
    Kudra

I bet the woman that they had flirting was actually his wife- you know so it is all "proper in jehovah's eyes".

Barf

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

How old were the 2 sons? In particular, the one who moved out on his own? Interesting that these presumably grown men are encouraged to live at home, rather than the normal, healthy thing, which is to move out on your own. Was the sobbing mother properly dressed in an apron?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Burns, I love that pic!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Jabberwok, excellent synopsis and analysis. I have little faith, however, in the ability of the average JW to percieve any of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit