Did you Observe Medical Emergencies Occur While Meetings Continued On?

by flipper 51 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I recall one story.

I was an attendant at an Assembly Hall and the First Aid Dept. had a highly qualified Registered Nurse, a female RN.
    A lady was "a study," a potential convert and I had to rush her into First Aid because she collapsed in the corridor. We put her on oxygen and the nurse checked her vitals. She had some kind of heart emergency. The RN said the lady needed an ambulance and told the brothers to call 911.

The brother-in-charge (I forget what title he had, but he was in charge at the assembly hall) said that a brother would have to decide that and he was going to find the brother in charge of the First Aid Dept. I told him to call 911 right now or else I would just call on my cell phone. I told him I was a "brother" and I concurred with the RN that this lady needed immediate emergency care- "Put my name down as the qualified First Aid brother that insisted on calling 911." He backed down and called and an ambulance was dispatched. The brother-in-charge wanted us to put her in a chair at the entrance and meet the ambulance. The RN and I refused and said to send the paramedics to First Aid.

You could tell that the brother-in-charge had one of those brain-stall moments. Looking back, I know what the brain-stall was about.
    He didn't want people to see a stretcher and emergency equipment coming into the Assembly Hall, but didn't want to argue with us, and get the Assembly Hall into a lawsuit later. He did insist on getting my full name and information to put on some sheet as the decision maker, despite the fact that a much more qualifed RN had made the decisions.

I was just amazed that he could so dismiss a "sister" despite her advanced training and try to go by some PENIS-IN-CHARGE rules. If I hadn't been there, the lady could possibly have died waiting for them to find this brother in charge of First Aid.

• flipper
    flipper

MRAIMONDI- Unfortunately I think a lot of us have observed this. It's sad.

OTWO- What an eye opening experience ! Thanks for sharing it. It's amazing how insensitive the people in charge in power positions are to medical emergencies that rank and file members suffer. Or in this case even a potential convert ! The problem is the WT society is all about appearance. Not about the actual substance of whatever problem is occurring. And, as you stated- lawsuits. The patriarchal hocus pocus view of dissing this registered nurses suggestion to call 911 is just apallingly stupid. These men they put in charge should be strapped to a chair with duct tape on their mouths until such medical crises are over - I swear ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No, I don't think this is an issue just for JW's. People panic, people don't know what to do! Do we stop do we go do we aaaahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

Now if this brother had been SMART he would have stopped and let sister oldashell die with some dignity and then he would have asked them to say something nice about her and how she died faithful later in the day. Would have been a great witness!

I know it sounds insensitive however I'm not totally insensitive I'm just stating the facts...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Tired- Did he trip her on purpose? How could you not beat him to a f$cking pulp right there in the hall? I'll bet I could have put him in the hospital faster then he put his wife!

• flipper
    flipper

MKR32208- I agree- The elder giving the part definitely should have stopped the program and given some nice message out over the microphone like, " We sure appreciate sister so and so , how sad this has happened . We are stopping the program right now to take care of this emergency. Please say a prayer on behalf of our sister . You are now dismissed for lunch. " How much more appropriate THAT would have been instead of totally ignoring it ! At least it would have shown these people are human. Jesus

Oh- And a big P.S. that would have made 2 of us that would have been brought up on assault charges with that brother TIRED mentioned. I would have held him while you hit him ! Or vice versa ! Some men don't deserve to have a woman in their lives. He's one of them. Peace.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My wife would have killed me, literally. I mean while she was in the hospital I would have to move and change my name. No kidding. However she's never been the 'submissive' type! lol

• flipper
    flipper

MKR32208- Well, sometimes those non-submissive wife's are fun ! A challenge, but interesting

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

OnTheWayOut, now that you mention it, there IS a brother assigned as the BROTHER IN CHARGE. Only he can call 911.

Can you believe that? Like the Witnesses are so dumb they have no idea when to call 911.

I wrote on here once how a bro died at the district convention 3 years ago. I don't remember too many detailsl other than they said it was great he died there at the convention.

BF

• flipper
    flipper

BONAFIDE- It truly is incredible that they have only 1 brother assigned to call 911 in case of emergencies . Crazy. What if the brother wasn't around when the emergency happens ? I mean, it's ridiculous. Anybody should be allowed to call 911. Such a control freak organization

• crapola
    crapola

Some years ago an old sister passed out during a meeting and had to be carried out. It was heart problems as most of these seem to be. But the meeting went on. Nothing was stopped even for a few minutes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit