Did you Observe Medical Emergencies Occur While Meetings Continued On?

by flipper 51 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

NEVERSCREAMAGAIN- Yeah, exactly as you say. That's the point I was making in my coments to Sic Temper a few posts back that WT representatives consider themselves OR their assignments so urgent - that it makes them LOSE their normal human emotions and feelings of compassion towards one another, just as this elder husband you described dropped his wife off at the hospital ON THE WAY to his giving a talk ! I mean- Just think HOW insane that is ! Most normal human men who take their wives or girlfriends to hospitals for emergencies WILL STAY THERE until it's taken care of ! So thanks for that example. It helps show that JW's are NOT normal human beings. Their minds have been TOTALLY re-programmed as robots serving masters. Their priorities are TOTALLY screwed up. And it really rears it's ugly head regarding medical care

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Got to love an organization that views dropping one's wife off for emergency medical care as if it were a 5 minute transaction at a McDonald's drive-thru. I would have loved to have seen the ER workers' faces when they see a well dressed man wave off his wife in critical condition and hurry back to the car. They were probably like "Hey, it's OK if you come with us and wait outside the room". "No, sorry, I have to give a talk at the Kingdom Hall. I'm already late and inconveniencing them as it is. My wife would have wanted me to give the talk!"

The Lloyd Berry case is just disturbing. I'd be surprised if anyone other than his wife accompanied him to the hospital. Even more strange would be seeing a guy just hop on the stage not missing a beat as if Lloyd ate some Tex-Mex earlier and just had a sudden attack of diarrhea. He probably would have made a point in coming back in if he were revived and against doctors' orders just to make his point. It just goes to show you if they have such disregard for a well respected and longtime leader of theirs, you don't even want to know how they feel about you. If they had to choose between your life or a few hundred dollars, they'll take the money. Jehovah would have wanted it that way, and besides, he'll resurrect you. But only if you put in at least 10 hours last month.

• flipper
    flipper

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS- Good analogy by you that the WT society puts more importance on a meeting part than dropping one's wife off at a hospital ER- like a McDonalds drive through. Exactly . It's so weird. Very good point you make about Lloyd Barry- if they treated HIM with such disrespect , we don't even want to know what WT leaders thought of us. All rank & file JW's are just pond scum really, just potential statistics for bouying up congregation average hours, magazine placements, and Bible Study reports. At least how I saw it in my 44 years inside the JW's. Really sad

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Once had to make announcement of a sister's sudden death at service meeting. She had died only 4 or 5 hours earlier in the day, and only a few in the hall knew about it. It was extremely awkward to say the least. I tried to be as compassionate as possible, and I spent 3 or 4 minutes explaining what happened, but it was just the wrong time to make the announcement, given that the show had to go on for another hour. Looking back, the more appropriate time would have been at the conclusion of the meeting for it to be given, so that people could outwardly grieve and console one another. But it was just another announcement to be given, without being thought through as to what would be the best for the one's who really cared for the wonderful and loving lady that she was.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Recollection 1. A brother was taking a wedding. He was not in the best of health but he got through the talk without incident and was just about to handle the vows when he collapsed in a heap on th platform. Four brothers marched onto the platform and picked him up, one carrying each limb. They walked out of the hall strutting in a self-important sort of way. The poor brother flopping unconsciously looked like a star-fish as he was removed from the scene. The couple just stood there looking at the empty platform.

Brother Smooth just stepped in and caaried on as if nothing had happened.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Recollection 2. The worst thing I ever heard of was the CO giving his talk during his visit. His WIFE collapsed and was taken to hospital where she died. The CO just carried on and finished his talk. What a compassionate man! It was not long before he had found a younger replacement. What a prick.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "That is totally disgusting. If "Brother Johnny" or "Sister Sally" calls 911, it is their decision and their responsibility....." On the Way Out, post #8147, page #2

I think that it'd be better to call 911 and have to call back if it's not really an emergency, rather than risk someone losing their life...

I was working in a construction supply company when a warehouse worker came running in, yelling that a guy had just been run over by a forklift. My instantaneous response was to dial "911" and report the accident and request an ambulance.

Within 3 minutes, a sheepish worker came back in and reported that the forklift had driven over his foot, and that he seemed all right. I picked up the phone and cancelled the "911" emergency.

But it was far better to act quickly, than to delay - what if the guy had been bleeding to death??

Zid

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I've seen it happen in church and in the Kingdom Hall. In church, an old lady in the pew in front just suddenly collapsed. I caught her from behind as she went down. Someone else called the ambulance and a nurse in the congregation came and looked after her. The paramedics, when they came, worked on her at the back of the church for about 20 minutes. All the time, the priest just went on. That old lady was eventually taken to hospital, and eventually recovered.

In the KH incident recently an elderly brother sitting near me just couldn't breathe and collapsed with pains in his chest. He was due to read the passage from the Bible on a Thursday evening. A brother, an elder on the HLC, came and looked after him, took him to the back of the KH and the paramedics were called. Same story. He too went to hospital and has partially recovered. Oh, and the meeting went on completely uninterrupted.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "She looked very concerned but she decided to go ahead after we said a group prayer for him. ..." Band on the Run

And there's the crucial difference between the attitude of the Jehovah's Witnesses and a church of "Christendom"...

"However, I heard that GB member Lloyd Berry had a heart attack at a convention in Hawaii while giving a talk. He died shortly after. After they hauled him off the stage, someone else got up there and picked up where he left off, using his notes. Now that is disrespect. ..." Sic Semper Tyrannus

In a way, it's fitting that the Watchtower Society's rotten attitude towards people doesn't even show mercy for Governing Body members...

• Sic Semper Tyrannis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit