Did you Observe Medical Emergencies Occur While Meetings Continued On?

by flipper 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I don't know about any of you, but had I been the groom at the wedding, it could have been me carrying the guy off the stage and to a place where he could lay down and be looked at, while screaming for someone to call 911. I would have insisted on following him to the hospital and comforting his family. I wouldn't want my wedding to go on like that. Horrible way to start a marriage. The man who was honoring you and your marriage by performing the ceremony is in risk of losing his life.

• flipper
    flipper

Wow, didn't realize this thread had received more replies after I answered other replies several days back ! Thanks for your replies.

NEVERSCREAMAGAIN- I imagine that would have been very difficult to announce at a meeting that a fellow Witness had died several hours before . You are right- it would have been more beneficial for people to console one another if it had been announced at the end of the meeting. However, don't blame yourself- you were just doing what you were TOLD to do. The WT society's meetings are so rigly scheduled in HOW they occur, they'd never think of doing announcements at the end . One reason they always put announcements at the start of service meetings. WT society doesn't bend it's rules for anybody, except those in leadership positions .

SLIDIN FAST- Crazy experiences you share, and very sad, especially experience # 2. I imagine the young couple were anxious to get married , however it could have been rescheduled or delayed. But the C.O. just continuing his talk while his wife collapses and is taken to the hospital and dies ? Then he marries a younger woman not long after ? He's not only a prick, but I can think of lots of other colorful metaphors to describe him as well ! What a jerk.

ZIDDINA- Exactly. It IS better to call 911 in case of an emergency to save someone's life . Better to be on the safe side of doubt. You acted smartly and correctly in the warehouse with the forklift incident. You never know how bad the damage might have been. It is weirdly bizarre that even the WT society's negligent attitude towards health of members even extended to GB members like Lloyd Barry, wasn't it ? Shows you what an uncaring, unfeeling organization it really is.

CHARIKLO- It is amazing isn't it that in churches AND the Jehovah's Witnesses that in spite of health emergencies- the show just goes on with no references to the personal suffering of indivdual health emergencies from the platform ? Insane.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS- I agree Sic that wedding scene with the speaker passing out wasn't handled well at all. If I had been the groom I would have grabbed the microphone and announced this wedding will be rescheduled. But , that's just me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit