No One Should Be Made to Choose…..LIES from July 09 Awake

by Hopscotch 216 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

homeschool - The Awake only comes out once a month - can't remember when that started, maybe it was last year. The WT still comes out in two issues per month, however one is for the public and one is for JWs only.

Hope you get a chance to follow up on this with your mum.

By the way has anybody else had any feedback from showing JW friends or relatives this article or discussing it with them?

Hopscotch

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

It was discussed in my old KH on Thurs night as part of the KM. Various articles in the Awake were highlighted and twice, the article was mentioned about how people should be free to choose their religion. It was spoken of as people being able to become JWs. They just don't see the hypocrisy of the their words.

My mother in law and brother in law are both in that congregation and my hubby e-mailed both of them about it when it first came out. I know they would have in their mind what my husband said to them about it. The brother shuns us, but the mother doesn't. People are blinded to the hypocrisy of the WT. It was mentioned twice yet you wonder if anyone thought, "wait a minute" don't we do that very thing? There's nothing as blind as those that can't see.

• homeschool
    homeschool

I was able to mention it the other day to my sister. I said pretty much what I wrote above: "Sister, do you read all your Watchtowers and Awakes?" (she replied

" Definitely not as often as I should".... My response, "Oh, no big deal. But mom gave me the latest W & A and they were interesting. Well, I actually haven't read the watchtower yet. But the Awake had some interesting stuff....I read about the Lazy Life of Sloths! (to which she chuckled, probably cuz she knows its a dumbass article) and also about the Rickshaw and its design years ago. ......And then there was this article about 'Is it Wrong to Change Your Religion?'....I thought that was Very interesting, especially if you were to read it from the perspective of somebody who chooses NOT to be a jw".....

She just said "Well, I know in the past they've had articles about stuff like that. And they don't ever want to force people to be jw's (haha, riiiiiiight)....But I'll definitely read it"

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hope it's not too late to join the vomit party in here.

Vomit.

Now I've gotta go see if anybody wants one of these rags this morning.

Thanks to the OP for head's up on this. It's a "practical point" I hope to share.

Vomit.

om

• oompa
    oompa

third tad.......i SWEAR i am gonna read all of this someday!..........oomps

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It will come up in a future study with me. I can hardly wait to hear the convoluted dubble speak I will get, caught on tape.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I can't wait to hear the double speak on your tape either kurtbethel. Keep us posted.

Hopscotch

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Hopscotch,

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!! I am very grateful for you bringing this article to our attention, and to your efforts to try and upload the article for us. Thank you to the posters who helped, and got it up! I am soon going to be meeting with some JW family members, and am going to print this and bring it to their attention!!!!!

I think it will prove to be VERY valuable! I suspect one will use it as justification to associate with me. The other who is a "hardcore" JW will no doubt be dumbfounded!!!!

As a matter of fact I think I will send it to ALL my JW relatives that are currently shunning us!!!

Anyhow...this is why I love JWD!! All the info. that we have access to that otherwise would be very difficult if not impossible to find let alone get our hands on.

Thank you JWD!!!

Lady Liberty

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

You're welcome Lady Liberty. I'm glad I'm in a position to get my hands on the literature at the moment so I can share it and help expose the hypocrisy and evil policies of the WTS.

Hopscotch

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

*sticky note*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit