Mom says "You will die at Armageddon" - good replies?

by serendipity 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

I would rather die than worship a murderous, vengeful asshole that calls itself Jehovah. I'm better than that.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Then again there is the very simple and succinct, "No, I'm not."

Ha.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

"Well, if Jehovah wants to do that, I trust his judgment of me."

I actually think this is a great reply and I am going to use it on my Mom. When I toyed with the idea of leaving before this kind of reasoning would stop me in my tracks but it doesn't scare me anymore and I think that comment reflects that perfectly.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

You should have told her that you rather worship Homerovah, cause he's really a much nicer God

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I loved your comment about trusting God's judgement of you. I think that the WT has used the "fear of God" for far too long to their advantage. Once we overcome that, we are out of the WT for good.

• Anne
    Anne

My answer to my family has always been "I feel sorry for you if you really believe that." After they reply with whatever, I just state "I don't argue with crazy people." Just keep repeating.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was asked by a relative just before I left "what if Armageddon is true, what will you do?"

After repeating emphatically that the WTS interprettation of Armageddon is untrue, unfair and unscriptural I finally conceded and said ok, lets just theorise that it was true. If God is willing to murder 6 billion people, 3 billion of which have never even heard of the Bible, let alone JWs, than he is an evil, unjust barbarian. I would rather die than give any sort of worship to such a God, a God of which in my opinion would only be worthy of contempt.

I think that was the last conversation I ever had with that relative.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Some said that to me recently,

I said,

"We'll see

or

maybe we won't "

How ya doing seren?

purps

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. No use worrying about somthing that isn't in front of me.

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Mom says 'You will die at Armageddon' - good replies?

1. "I will? Isn't Jehovah supposed to be the one to decide that?"

2. "Will I be fried over-light or sunny-side up?"

3. "I hope you'll have a good time roasting marshmallows over my flaming corpse."

4. "Do you know which dub has dibs on my house?"

5. "Better dead than dub."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit