Mom says "You will die at Armageddon" - good replies?

by serendipity 63 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Mom says "You will die at Armageddon"

Reply: "Are you saddened because you won't live to see it?"

• chickpea
    chickpea

i would reply with the wisdom of the bumper sticker on my vehicle......

DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

• Jankyn
    Jankyn
    Cool .. might be more fun than dying in a nursing home.

Best. Answer. Ever.

Dude, I'm going to use that next time I get this crap from my mom! Great sense of humor.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Over the past couple of decades, JWs have become very careful about the way they answer the question, "Will ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses survive Armageddon?" When they're speaking about mankind in general, the typical Witness will hem-and-haw about how only Jehovah can read the heart condition, and how it isn't their place to say who will and who will not survive.

But when it comes down to a PERSONAL level, your "loving" Mom doesn't hesitate to let you know you are damned.

This would be a good opportunity to ask her if only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will survive Armageddon, then follow up with "Who will judge me? You? Brother Moron? Sister Hypocrite? WHO?"

Between you and me, though, you know you have nothing to worry about. There isn't going to be an Armageddon, ever. If there ever is a global eco-disaster, it will not be managed by Jehovah & Company, and no "select crowd" of religious fanatics will be spared. It will be a random, meaningless event like all the other random meaningless events that constitute our Universe.

I also have to note the irony that when your mother had better things to do, she did them. Now she's retired and has nothing better to do, so she's gotten with the program at her local Kingdom Hall. Too bad she doesn't allow you the same freedom of choice that she claimed for herself.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Russell and Rutherford died before Armageddon and fully expected, both of them, to live through it-as do you. We will both likely be dead before Armageddon as they are-and in that case, my loyalty to your organization will not be at issue, will it?

• flipper
    flipper

When your mom says, " You will die at Armageddon ". Say, " You mean that's really true ? I thought it was just a fantasy to make people scared !"No don't say this really , it might piss her off. I'm just playing devil's advocate here and having some fun. What you said was really good Serendipity

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The marketability of Armageddon and its fearful destruction for which it portrays is everywhere even in the movies as astute businessmen

like C.T.Russell , Joseph Rutherford and the modern JWS today acknowledge that.

There are other individuals who are cashing in on it too like Jack Van Impe, Harold Camping, Herbert W. Armstrong .....etc.

I suppose as long as there are people that have the potential to believe in this sort of stuff it will

it will always have its commercial appeal. $$$

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Mom says "You will die at Armageddon" - good replies?

"No, I won't, and before it comes, neither will your great-great-great-great grandchildren, ma."

Farkel

• Quandry
    Quandry

That was about all the motivation I could stand, so I asked her if she had anything upbuilding to say to me. She answered honestly: "No".

Actually, I think this was a very good answer.

Most children want love from their parents, and to feel that their parents are proud of who they are. As parents, we should want to upbuild our children and tell them how wonderful they are, not tear them down.

"Love never fails."

• serendipity
    serendipity

Thanks for all your replies! I will be well-armed next time. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit