Mom says "You will die at Armageddon" - good replies?

by serendipity 63 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

armageddon isn't coming, and yes we will all die sometime. So have fun while you can.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    How have you/would you reply when being told "You're going die at Armageddon".

I'm relieved that God doesn't leave me the responsibility of juding other people.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.."You will Die at Armageddon!!"..Coffin And Smoking..

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

how about the truth.............. we all will have to meet our maker someday................ my soul is prepared........... hows yours

• Satanus
    Satanus

You could tell her that she will die before you will;)

S

• garybuss
    garybuss

How have you/would you reply when being told "You're going die at Armageddon".

I actually laugh. I've had lots of Witnesses tell me that. One of the "brothers" left me a phone message that said: "Jehovah's gonna git ya!". Hahahaha!!! They been readin' too many comic books!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Garybuss, that is hillarious, although I can't say I am surprised.

The Oracle

• musky
    musky

I would say that I certainly would not want to die at Armageddon. I mean who would rather die than live in a "beautiful paradise". I would want to live happy forever.I would say that the problem is, I don't believe the Watchtower teachings are from Jehovah because they have tried to predict an end to the world and failed. They taught a cornerstone teaching in the 1914 generation, that they are abandoning. I was raised as a witness. I still find it hard to deal with the watchtower not being the true religion. But I would rather know the truth than believe something that's not true just because it makes me feel good.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sorry serendipity your mother comes off as not being a loving caring person or mother for that matter, perhaps you should have told her that

the WTS used and exploited The End of this system on to people to make them buy and distribute their literature and at the same time enslaving

people to their whim. Its just one of many sad stories of men playing power and money games, in the face of religion.

This formula worked so they stuck with it.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I would just say "I don't believe any of that stuff, Mom. Please don't try to impose your beliefs onto me. I am an adult."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit