WANTED ! JW Apologist

by wobble 389 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BizzyBee
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

These doctrines are not unique to JWs.

Just sayin'.

As a former JW, the only doctrine unqiue to JWs that I know of is, "You must love the Watchtower Society with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind. Or get out."

I got out.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi tenyearsafter you ask this...

Question?...when has Jehovah ever chosen a messenger that was steeped in "false religious" practices, continued in those practices, and then used them on an on-going basis? Did any of the ancient men of faith continue in their "detestable" ways? Did Paul continue his pharasaic practices after his experience on the road to Damascus? I am guessing you won't answer this directly, but I would think you might want to think on it before condemning every other faith (or lack of faith) for their hypocrisy or false teachings.

lol I don't condemn anyone only there doctrines as unbiblical but then the bible is quite clear on this.

Mathew 13: 36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field."

37 He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40 "As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

mathew 7:21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

It's clear faiths will be judge and some found wanting and we will be responsible for which we choose so, Choose carefully.

How can I judge as you want me too?

I know the cross is idolatry and God condemns that as one of the main serious sins do I want to be part of it then? Of course not!

Does imperfection mean serious sins are fine and okay or that we should accept even to the point were God himself is changed to fit men's views and serious sins are commited?

• reniaa
    reniaa

Proof please buzybee name some churches that teach all these doctrines. also show me a wt were "You must love the Watchtower Society with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind. Or get out." is directly said your bias blinds you to the fact all churches have their doctrines you either follow or don't. Your choice is to pick the one that you believe is right and follow it

I know churches that have said to me "it doesn't matter if you don't believe in the trinity you are still welcome" that is not the same.

I know christeldelphians and unitarians, even russelite bible students have similar teachings but they after I examined them were like pale shadows to Jws doctrinely, I'd probs be a bible student if I wasn't a witness the only thing is they are still attached to the pyramid stuff.

As for the rest across the board they are trinitarians and cross worshipers, even hellfire is pretty universal in the majority of christianity.

• flipper
    flipper

RENIAA- Since the " Bible " is as you say the " standard I judge by " answer me this - notice what Romans 13 : 1, 2 says , " Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is NO authority except by God, the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God . Therefore he who opposes the authority has TAKEN A STAND AGAINST THE ARRANGEMENT OF GOD ; those who have taken a stand against it WILL RECEIVE JUDGMENT TO THEMSELVES. "

So you claim that the Jehovah's Witnesses have the " truth " of what you feel the Bible is all about , however ; how can God approve of an organization who's leaders try to prevent the police authorities from punishing pedophiles who abuse children sexually , and they try to hide it from authorities - even going to the extent of telling their members to NOT report these crimes to authorities ?? The WT society is actually " taking a stand " against the arrangement of God by preventing pedophiles from being delivered up to authorities so they CAN be punished for the hideous crimes of child molestation. As you notice the scripture continues they " will receive judgment to themselves ". This goes way beyond being " imperfect " so don't even use that as an excuse - this is downright evil that this organization tries to save face by preventing justice to be done on behalf of abused children. So Renaiaa , it doesn't matter WHAT the other doctrines are that the Jehovah's Witnesses teach ; just like the Pharisees in Jesus time , they INVALIDATE ANY of their beliefs by their evil actions of what they allow to be done to children and others in an unjust way ! Dare I even go into the BLOOD TRANSFUSION deaths and injustices that have occured ? Are you gonna pawn THAT off as "imperfection" ? There are no apologies that merit attention for this mind control cult - Jehovah's Witnesses

• besty
    besty

passwordprotected politely posited:

does the true doctrine of the 'faithful and discreet' slave being appointed in 1919 and growing into a billion dollar publishing corporation stand up to "close examination of original translations"? Just curious. After-all, you need to accept that doctrine in order to survive Armageddon

Reniaa? please place your post promptly....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa.."also show me a wt were "You must love the Watchtower Society with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind. Or get out." .......................................................................You were on Lances thread about his mom being DF..She was thrown out for wanting to associate with her son..You tried to capitalize on that so you could Promote WBT$ BullSh*t.....Now you pretend you don`t know what the rules are?........Once again you decide to be Selectivly Stupid..............................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Proof please buzybee name some churches that teach all these doctrines. also show me a wt were "You must love the Watchtower Society with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind. Or get out."

Renaii,

The question was,

they must have a Doctrine that is UNIQUE to them,given by Holy Spirit, but PLAINLY TAUGHT in the Bible,without resorting to fancifull exegesis and bouncing around from verse to verse out of context etc. What is that Doctrine?

You took my little sarcasm about loyalty to the WTS rather than God too literally, so let me be very clear:

As a practicing Jehovah's Witness for 23 years, the one single thing I saw that was a guaranteed disfellowshipping offence was actively disagreeing with the Society. About anything.

I'd say that makes loyalty to the WTS the one doctrine totally unique to JWs. Their claim to be the FDS, however, is not taught in the Bible, nor is their anointing by HS.

You seem very concerned about what other churches teach and I wonder what difference that makes if you feel that JWs have 'the truth'?

My understanding is, that when Armageddon comes, Jehovah is going to kill fence-sitters just as dead as Catholics.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My understanding is, that when Armageddon comes, Jehovah is going to kill fence-sitters just as dead as Catholics.

BizzyBee is so correct and going on that premise Reniaa my love you're dead meat and no better that us here on the board

That being said I don't believe the jw crap so it really doesn't matter anyway.

Josie

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi mr flipper hmm the Biggies

On blood (it's a whole debate in itself) with blood you either believe or not! to be honest since the scriptures are there and quite clear, It really is upto God if Jw's have gone beyond his word or upheld the principle that all lifeblood belongs to God. I took the stand once and survived although my blood count was down to 7 I don't think I was life-threatened, I had iron transfusions instead.

I respect anyone who doesn't become a witness on this, it's a difficult doctrinal thing and one not to be done lightly.

Pedophilia - official wt policy is... police involvement is the families perogative and right, a pedophile is df'd, a known pedophile isn't given any congregational responsibilities or allowed to go unaccompanied on the doors.

I'm sure you could produce a lot of examples were this hasn't been followed but that is the policy and the one that should be done by all congregations as the gb have set it out.

They have a list of pedophiles accused etc but as the silentslambs leader recently himslf found out they cannot be shown due to libel laws only convicted ones at the states/governments decretion can be shown.

Do I think it dangerous and reckless to make people think pedophiles can be found in only one organisation? YES, if a person looks at this forum thinks 'I can''t become a Jw because they are pedophiles' then joins a baptist church/youth club and trustingly thinks it's not going to have pedophiles and her children are put at risk because of this false sense of security got by listening to people whose hatred and bias makes them put all crimes on one doorstep, then I think you have to examine your own words carefully.

Pedophilia is a world-wide problem at this current time and one were we have to learn and keep our family safe in all walks of life, the days of innocence are over, this biggest growing danger this way is pedophiles using internet to get access to kids.

I will not say more on this because I will not use peoples personal hurt and pain inc my own, to be a discussion on a forum such as this, it is wrong and shouldn't be tolerated by moderators.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit