WANTED ! JW Apologist

by wobble 389 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

If their "Jehovah" exists he shows his approval by feeding them lies about the time of the end etc.etc.

The God of the Bible cannot lie.

So Iguess Slimboy,Jehovah's Witnesses are not the "truth" in the Bible sense.

Love

Wobble

• reniaa
    reniaa

not really an apologist more of a part-timer not really got the greek and hebrew knowledge to be a true apologist, most false doctrines like trinity suffer badly from close examination of original translations.

• carla
    carla

'most false doctrines like trinity suffer badly from close examination of original translations.'-- Really? and your research in this area? you just got done saying, "not really got the greek and hebrew knowledge". So how do you know that the doctrines you mention "suffer badly from close examination of original translations"?

• carla
    carla

I don't think reniaa is an apologist at all. I think she has some very deep rooted problems with the wt but cannot face them. Be it subconsciously or in her heart of hearts I think she is scared poopless that if she really researches and is honest with herself she will no longer consider herself a jw. If that were to happen that would mean she no longer loves jah and will become an atheist, in her mind. She has mentioned it so often that it is the only conclusion I can draw from her exposing herself to the very thing the wt condemns, apostates. She claims to believe in what the wt teaches as 'truth' yet cannot see her own hypocricy of being here, the rules don't apply to her, maybe only to little old ladies who have given their lives to the org? I believe she comes here so she can convince herself, not us or lurkers.

The attention she gets may very well be a lifeline for her. The high of having 10 page threads all in her name. The game of cutting and running when she has no logical argument and her subsequent disapperance for days after which only garners more threads of 'where's reniaa?' and so the cycle starts again........ it is a treadmill that keeps her going because she lacks the courage or commitment she claims to have for the wt yet cannot quite make the leap into the org.

I believe when she is boxed in a corner (as has happened so often here) and treads so very close to real truth she must cut and run. To do otherwise would endanger her very mind and if she believed she had a soul, her very soul. I believe it is her own fear that keeps her coming back.

JWN offers her some weird sanity of sorts and thank goodness it is here for her.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi carla again your opinion of me is impressive completely wrong but impressive,

I am on topix most days jw forum we just had an amazing discussion on john 1:1 going right down to the coptic meanings and well it was beyond my greek but the logic really showed how much the trinity relies on Later translations for it's doctrines not original ones.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, reniaa.

Why is the word "Trinity" always contained in your comment?

But the word "Trinity" which you use is not the true Trinity doctrine in fact.
    Therefore, when you say "the trinity...", I feel that your explanation is absurd.

I had said to you like this.

First, unless you understand correctly what kind of doctrine the Trinity is, you do not have the qualification for attacking that doctrine.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/171230/2/Is-Jesus-Jehovah

possible
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/

• wobble
    wobble

Reniaa has done it again folks,we fall for it every time,she dosn't answer the question "what is the "Truth" doctrine?" but puts up what she considers to be a false doctrine as something for us to defend (?) Straw Man?

Answer the question. (how many times will we be saying that to Reniaa in the days to come?)

Love

Wobble

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ reniaa does the true doctrine of the 'faithful and discreet' slave being appointed in 1919 and growing into a billion dollar publishing corporation stand up to "close examination of original translations"? Just curious. After-all, you need to accept that doctrine in order to survive Armageddon.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Reniaa...I see the premise that all believing JW's rely upon is that the FDS is an accurate interpretation and that it is God's direct choosing of them as his channel "to preach the message and fulfill these end times we live in".

Question?...when has Jehovah ever chosen a messenger that was steeped in "false religious" practices, continued in those practices, and then used them on an on-going basis? Did any of the ancient men of faith continue in their "detestable" ways? Did Paul continue his pharasaic practices after his experience on the road to Damascus? I am guessing you won't answer this directly, but I would think you might want to think on it before condemning every other faith (or lack of faith) for their hypocrisy or false teachings.

• reniaa
    reniaa

eek lots of question 'truth' have the Jws got it? simple answer is YES , on the whole.....Well I wouldn't be defending them if I didn't think so. The bible is the standard I judge by it is a book written for everyone not for scholars so when God says he is "the one God" he is exactly that, when he says Jesus is his son he is explaining things in heaven in a way that is closest to our own ways so we understand the relationships.

So many people treat the bible like a crossword puzzle that has to be solved, Some parts are prophetical and difficult to understand but on the whole it is very simply written.

Here are some instances were I think Jws have it right...

Jehovah is the almighty God - yes

Jesus is Gods only begotten son not God - yes

We are living souls that can die - yes

Is death, sheol the grave not a fire eternal torment - yes

there is an earthly promise - Yes "the meek shall inherit the earth"

there is a heavenly promise that comes with rulership - yes "rulers and priest with jesus in heaven"

there is an armageddon we should be prepared for - yes, we are warned in more places than I can count.

We should keep to a strict moral standard that doesn't even allow for divorce except for adultery - Yes the bible is clear on this in both hebrew and greek scriptures.

Jesus prepared his appostles to be leaders and promised help with holy spirit - yes the scriptures are clear on this

Is a lie is predicted that will obscure the bible 'truth' for most of the time between Jesus leaving and returning - yes weeds and wheat will be harvested at the time of Judgement.

Does the bible show that not all who call on Jesus's name with be saved - yes

And there are so many more that Jws are spot on. On another thread Awakened picked up some of the more deeper logical constructs to argue on but avoided all these simple ones that they have right just by bible examination. Do I think they have made mistakes especially with dates - Yes, are they forgivable mistakes personally I think yes because I know how easy it is to be eager when you are trying to be prepared for something, but as to whether they are truly forgivable it is for God to judge not me,

The simple fact is when I examine the bible against their teachings they have so many of the major ones right compared to other faiths that haven't even got beyond the basics, to go back to another faith preaching trinity, Hellfire, cross worship would be like going back onto spiritual babyfood.

Do I think they need more refining? Absolutely! If we ourselves do not gain perfection until after Jesus comes how can I expect perfection in a human run organisation? but does that mean I should drop them and form my own personal faith or which I am gb and fds for myself only and possibly extended family, only if I can confidently say 'I can do perfectly where others fail' but then who can say that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit