Cognitive Dissonance is killing them.

by IP_SEC 95 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I didnt say anything about revolution. Calling him out for being stupid/crooked. Calling you out for not seeing it.

How so?

• watson
    watson

Well you're right. I'm not seeing it. I haven't seen evidence that Obama is crooked. When I do, then you'll hear me squeel.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    I didnt say anything about revolution. Calling him out for being stupid/crooked. Calling you out for not seeing it.

I see now Purps. It's not stupid/Crooked. It's lack of experience.

Wanted: President of the United States (No experience need. On the Job Training provided!!! -Inquire with in)

• ninja
    ninja

hey watson........of course obama is crooked....he's a politician ffs

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    When I do, then you'll hear me squeel.

I hope so bro. Im afraid cognitive dissonance will not allow it though

Purps hahah very funny

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

You didn't say anything about revolution, Ippy? Then what's this quote of yours from a previous thread you started entitled "Your beloved political party"?

They realize that if we are all dazed and divided by who they CLAIM to be that we will never unite against our common enemy. THEM.

It is time for revolution regardless of your ideology.

Seems your memory is about as long as that of the typical politician.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Lets face it, no matter how you frame it, if you voted against Obama, you have a congnitive need to see him fail, for your own cognitive's existence sake...

Here are a few examples of cognitive dissonance from 2001-2009 (RIP)

• Wanted: Osama Bin Laden, Dead or Alive
    • Never Mind: We'll take Saddam.....
    • Why Saddam? WMD's!!!!!!!!!!
    • "Shock and Awe!"
    • "Mission Accomplished!!"
    • "FEMA Responded very well after Katrina...."
    • "It's the Dems fault for the current economic crisis..."

But my favorite is......(drum roll)

"WE WON THE 2000 ELECTION!!!"

• watson
    watson

Interesting quote JimmyP.

It just seems that when you have made the judgements that IP is making, it doesn't leave many options other than revolution, or just waiting it out. Neither are appealing, so I choose to give the Pres time to get things worked out. Could someone else do it quicker? Can't say yet. But it doesn't matter anyway, Obama IS the man.

• watson
    watson

ATJ, why am I laughing a crying at the same time?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Not cognitive dissonance so much. I'm more worried about the folks who just want to sit back and whine no matter what happens, who are just cynical and defeatist and depressed. They're killing us all.

Sorry, Ip, you're usually my man, but I gotta call you on this one. I need to have a sense of hope after these past eight years. I'm trying to pull myself out after feeling like I've been buried in shit up to my neck.

I know Obama's expectations are too high to attain, but I've gotta have a sense of hope that he's bright, surrounding himself with bright people, and I'm pleased as hell with what I've seen so far - despite the tax issues with a few of his first choices. Daschle is gone, maybe for good or maybe not. Everyday I'm reading and hearing things that I really like. We may not get paradise, but I'm not expecting it. I just want to be proud to be an American again.

Sorry, I think it's time to stop faultfinding and nitpicking and time to start helping out and building a sense of hope.

Than again, I'm a cheerful optimist, and it drives my depressed co-workers nuts!

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit