Should women be allowed to have 14 kids without job?

by sammielee24 280 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"She told me that all of her kids were through in vitro, and I said 'Gosh, how can you afford that and go to school at the same time?"' she added. "And she said it's because she got paid for it."

Who paid her to do it and WHY????

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Gee Beks, looks like anger to me

The doctor who did this is an asshole

US public outraged over fertility treatment for mother of six. Anger and confusion was growing in the US this weekend over the birth of octuplets to a single mother of six who had undergone fertility treatment.

If sympathy for her is what's being sought, I suggest checking in the dictionary between sh!t and syphilis.

Nadya Suleman, 33, has been lambasted by talk-show hosts, fertility experts, even her own mother,

Nasty callers dominated the phone lines in the first few days after the octuplets were born at Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center.

This assinine woman who had the 8 kids is no hero. She's an irresponsible, leeching, moron.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'd like to know if she has been given a bodyguard yet and if she will be meeting Paris Hilton on the celebrity circuit.

Also as grandad seems to have gone to Irag to get a job, is the economy better and maybe we ought to be thinking heading there too

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Also as grandad seems to have gone to Irag to get a job, is the economy better and maybe we ought to be thinking heading there too

LOL, probably something else we can thank Bush for!!!!!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

lol purps.

You know what the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that it is grandparents who work the hardest to keep society up and running

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just saw the video of her interview, I think she is full of BS, and is trying to justify and fool to her own self that this is ok. She is getting her needs met through her kids, the more the merrier.

Sadly, having and wanting kids isn't just giving hugs. She said she would stop her life..........WTF, she has made kids her life, that is what SHE wanted. I am trying to be very openminded and liberal here...........but seems to me she is thinking about what she wants and for all around her to figure out how to make it happen for her. Sperm donor, help from family and friends. Help from the church. You can only tap out people so much and there is a time when you have to step up to the plate.

She is going to go to school??? Cripes, who is going to watch all those kids while she is doing it? She says she does not want welfare? How is she going to pay for a masters degree? Daycare for kids, and support?

I am not expecting superwoman out of this lady, but geess, some common sense would be nice.

What if we all went after "what we really wanted" or "all we ever wanted" and asked all around us to help out so we could do it? Can it be done?

The real world will hit her at some point. I just don't see her being able to keep all those kids in the long haul.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was watching supernanny last night and she was helping her biggest family yet - 10 kids. The parents had totally lost control and were putting too much responsilbility on their older kids (boy 15, girl 12, girl 11) to take care of the younger kids. Dad was gone most of the time on business and when he was home wasn't able to cope and would either just leave the house or drink himself into a stupor. Mom's dream is to have 12 kids but she really can't handle the 10 she has right now. I thought it was really sad how she got so upset when it was brought out that her dream of 12 might not be possible and not based on reality.

I kept thinking about that woman with the eight babies + 6 kids all under 8 years, how is she is really gonna be able to cope.

*shakes head*

Josie

• llbh
    llbh

This woman may have problems, and the size of her family is no doubt unusual, so if she needs help why are we being unkind about her to her and her children.

As an interesting addendum and to show how large families can be beneficial, my cousin and her husband have been blind since they were infants. They wanted children, would you say just because they needed help that they should be sterilised? Or have their family limited? ell anyway they had two gorgeous children who are now grown up. But here is the wonderful thing about sometimes having a large family, aunties ( remember i said my mum was one of 13) provided lots of support. For instance up until my cousins children were born they lived in darkness, their children have normal vision problem but getting dressed can you imagine if the boy wore something pink or even worse a skirt!!

Now here is where is get better, the son is studying to be neurosurgeon at a leading University!! The support given by my aunties was invaluable. BTW in case you are wondering what happened to my cousin's parents, mum died young dad too. See we all gratuitously make assertions , which may or may not be true, but very few helpful suggestions have been made.

Strangely the real issues and solutions have been lost on many.

Regards David

• llbh
    llbh

Btw how do i edit the typos after i have posted?

David

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

This woman now has 14 children under the age of 8. None of them will be able to really help with the other kids for a few years. The grandfather has left the country to make money, the grandmother is threatening to leave once the 8 babies arrive to the 1500 sq foot home that the older 6 children now occupy. The mother is an only child with no visible means of support other than her much put upon parents. I wish her no ill will and I especially do not wish any harm to her children. Lord only knows how this will play out.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit