How many ATHEISTS don't believe that they came from FISH?

by hooberus 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    extremists on the right wing

What is extreme in my views that you know of? Better to leave this to another thread than hijack this one, since it is so very well thought-out.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Biological evolution is not Atheism, and Atheism is not biological evolution.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I am imagining Hubris going into a violent uncontrolled episode of road rage, when he gets cut off on the way to work by a car sporting a DarwinFish or an FSM logo.

BTS

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I wonder if Hooberus (i'm tempted, but I'm not going to name-sling) has read about Darwinian evolutionary theory, as in a book written by evolutionists? Or has he just limited himself to Creationist works with cherry-picked WTS style quotes, using intellectual dishonesty to make scientists seem like they support intelligent design?

• Caedes
    Caedes

He's called Hooberus? Ooops!

I must need new glasses!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

No Caedes, your eyespot hasn't evolved enough. Give it another 100 million years... lol

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I wonder if Hooberus (i'm tempted, but I'm not going to name-sling) has read about Darwinian evolutionary theory, as in a book written by evolutionists?

Could you name a really good book that explains evolutionary theory without at the same time serving as a treatise of attack against religion and spirituality? I am asking an honest question. I've read snatches of Dawkins for example, and he does not fit the bill. I remember reading some Asimov (one of my favorite authors RIP) as a child, but that is now out of date.

BTS

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I am just doing that myself. I am an atheist, but not a staunch evolutionist, which is why I pointed out the distinction in reference to Hoobie's OP.

Right now I am reading a book by Michael Shermer... Why People Believe Wierd Things... it addresses a number of things, including the evo/creation debate. he also has a book on evolution (which I found too brief and somewhat simplistic).

My next book will be The Blind Watchmaker by Dawkins. I definitely don't believe in the intelligent design argument, and evolution makes much more sense the more I learn about it. What made me consider evolution's possiblity was a trip to the Natural History Museum of Chicago.. their evolution exhibit just blew the ID theory away without even mentioning it.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

BTS, why not get a real textbook? I wouldn't read Dawkins to learn about evolution, just as I wouldn't watch Michael Moore to learn about health policy.

• caliber
    caliber
    My body may be descended from a chain of ancestors that at one point in time were fish, but I believe that the chain of evolution has its origin in God the source of all being at the beginning of time.
    And I also believe that my spirit/soul that animates my body comes from God directly.
    BTS

I think the above quote is a perfect place to end this debate allow place for scientific research yet Christan's if they so

choose or faith in such can still leave a place for God in this... . Evolutionist need not look to a step two (spirit/soul )

if they so choose or are convinced to believe otherwise ! May peace and fellow understanding always prevail !

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit