How many ATHEISTS don't believe that they came from FISH?

by hooberus 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

my apologies.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

"In fact, that earlier ancestor would certainly be called an ape or monkey in popular speech by anyone who saw it. Since the terms ape and monkey are defined by popular usage, man's ancestors were apes or monkeys (or successively both)."

What does popular speech contribute to science? Science aims to overcome folklore.

• Spook
    Spook

I can never quite put my finger on it with creationists. I feel like the hurdle to accurately describe an opponents position is a minimum in any meaningful debate. I mean, we could be arguing Keynesian vs. Austrian school economics as it relates to mortgage backed securities dirivitives (more fun than a quote-em-up, for sure) here and I'd be saying the same thing. Educate yourself about the subject matter if you want to be taken seriously. Furthermore, when you post clips of supposedly damning text it doesn't impress anyone who is actually familiar with the author, and anyone should be ashamed of such a dishonest style of rhetoric. I say good day sir! hahaha

That said, in reply to the OP, I would estimate that of the 2.3% (Brittanica, 2005) of the world population which most recently self described specifically as atheists, a quorum would - at first response - perhaps agree with a statement contained in the spirit of the OP (not knowing they were being clumsily trapped in a linguistic game of cat and stupid cat. (you thought I was going to say mouse, right?))

However, many atheists could give the scientific answer that nobody is truly descended from anything. Individual organisms do not decend. Even a family tree is not decent in the sense you should be talking about. Only populations of organisms diverge and descend...drum roll...heres the key part...in distinct phylogenetic linneages.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Humans evolving from fish and monkeys is no crazier than coming from an ominipotent, ego-maniacal, invisible sky-god named Jehovah. There's also a lot more evidence for the former than the latter.

• llbh
    llbh

Someone once said "i have not met anyone who had returned from the dead", enough said i think

David

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Oh you went all family guy on him!

No you didn't!

Yes she did!

No you didn't

Yes she did!

No you did!

YES SHE DID PETER! YES SHE DID IT WAS RIGHT THERE I SAW IT!

• caliber
    caliber
    Humans evolving from fish and monkeys is no crazier than coming from an ominipotent, ego-maniacal, invisible sky-god

So either we look to a source above us or else a source below us....... crazy above or crazy below each one gets

to decide which sounds crazier ! What would be some good adjectives to describe the first fish father or first monkey father

or mother ?

Cal

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

what if the fish came from us

edit - oops drwtsn beat me to it

I came from a fish and a fish came from me.
  • caliber
    caliber

I am stuck on Band-aids or are Band-aids stuck on me... who is greater ? ... ...LOL

Caliber

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

caliber
    I am stuck on Band-aids or are Band-aids stuck on me... who is greater ? ... ...LOL
    Caliber

exactly caliber. greater doesn't come into it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit