How many ATHEISTS don't believe that they came from FISH?

by hooberus 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus

How many atheists are there who don't believe that they came from fish ?

The outspoken ones that I have come into contact with always seem to (when pressed anyway) advocate such a thing. Many of them surely even put something like it on their car, such as:

Charles Darwin plaque emblem car badge origin species fish emblem evolved evolution

(This is not to say that every one who has a darwin fish on their car is necessarily an atheist, though I suspect that a larger than normal amount of them are).

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Once again you are showing you do not understand evolution Hooberus.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What the heck does it mean to "come from a fish"???

BTW, that logo is a play on the ΙΧΘΥΣ Christian logo, with the fish evolving feet, nothing more -- nothing less.

• hooberus
    hooberus

"What the heck does it mean to "come from a fish"???"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/1999/nov/04/fossils.uknews

"Humans are vertebrates, as are rabbits, eagles and frogs, and as such we are all evolved from fish,"

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think this Family Guy clip best explains how creation works (The part about the State of Kansas alternative to the theory of evolution, about 40 Seconds)

http://familyguy.blog.dada.net/post/361323/Family+Guy+-+The+Creation+of+life+on+Earth

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Evolving from fish is a bit more specific than the vague "coming from fish", which hints a bit at immediate ancestry. It still neglects the 400-500 million years in between. No one believes that fish are immediate ancestors of humans, of course.

• Robert7
    Robert7

Being Atheist or Agnostic does not mean you believe in evolution. I, for one, fall under that category. I don't believe in the God of the bible, or the bible itself, but I have a hard time with many concepts of evolution. I do believe that natural selection does create stronger species and filters out the weak, but whether that actually creates new species, I'm not sold.

However, not believing in evolution, or any other non-biblical theory, does not in any way prove that God created life.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    but whether that actually creates new species, I'm not sold.

Speciation has been observed numerous times.

http://www.toarchive.org/faqs/faq-speciation.html

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I am an atheist, an anti-theist and an evolutionist.

I came from a crabcake at lunch today.

Is that what you mean?

Mmmmmmmm, I am de-e-e-LICIOUS!

Follow-up question: How many invisible friends can dance on a pinhead?

I take offense that you impugn my Innsmouth ancestry.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

I don't believe I come from fish. I believe that both me and fish had a common ancestor in a very very distant past.

hamilcarr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit