How many ATHEISTS don't believe that they came from FISH?

by hooberus 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus

"I don't believe I come from fish. I believe that both me and fish had a common ancestor in a very very distant past."

The problem with this is that according to evolutionists the "common ancestor" of humans and (modern) fish was itself a fish (albeit an ancient one). That is why they say things like:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/1999/nov/04/fossils.uknews "Humans are vertebrates, as are rabbits, eagles and frogs, and as such we are all evolved from fish,"

• John Doe
    John Doe

How many atheists believe hooberus came from a dodo bird?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I came from a fish and a fish came from me.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

thats as absurd as saying we came from munkees. No one believes that.

I am atheist (not because I choose to be but because after taking all factors into consideration that is the conclusion I come to)

I accept the fact that land life (including me) is descended from sea life (and sometimes the other way around e.g. dolphins)

I know it seems crazy but it makes perfect sense when one understands how extremely moldable life is. (no, it's not Jehovah doing the molding)

Seals seem to be confused. They don't know if they're comming or going.

• hooberus
    hooberus

"thats as absurd as saying we came from munkees. No one believes that."

"The Simiadae then branched off into two great stems, the New World and Old World monkeys; and from the latter, at a remote period, Man, the wonder and glory of the Universe, proceeded." Charles Darwin (descent of man)

"On this subject, by the way, there has been too much pussyfooting. Apologists emphasize that man cannot be a descendant of any living ape - a statement that is obvious to the verge of imbecility - and go on to state or imply that man is not really descended from an ape or monkey at all, but from an earlier common ancestor. In fact, that earlier ancestor would certainly be called an ape or monkey in popular speech by anyone who saw it. Since the terms ape and monkey are defined by popular usage, man's ancestors were apes or monkeys (or successively both). It is pusillanimous if not dishonest for an informed investigator to say otherwise." George Gaylord Simpson (prominent evolutionist)

• hooberus
    hooberus

Now back to the fish thing.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Now back to the fish thing.

If you don't define fish as modern-day fish, I believe we came from fish.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hubiris,

You know for a fact that when creationist speak in disdain of man "coming" from a monkey they mean chimps and spider and the like. I've had these discussions with many of your spec.

• hooberus
    hooberus

"You know for a fact that when creationist speak in disdain of man "coming" from a monkey they mean chimps and spider and the like. I've had these discussions with many of your spec."

Ive never promoted, nor read that specifically from any of the major creationist organizations. Anyway as Simpson said:

"In fact, that earlier ancestor would certainly be called an ape or monkey in popular speech by anyone who saw it. Since the terms ape and monkey are defined by popular usage, man's ancestors were apes or monkeys (or successively both)." George Gaylord Simpson (prominent evolutionist)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit