How many ATHEISTS don't believe that they came from FISH?

by hooberus 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I saw, I came, I conquered the fish. I ate it. It is a part of me. I'm not feeling too well.

Fish now comes from -- me. A unique new form of life...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm just glad we are here. I take the good with the bad. Live and let live. What's it going to hurt?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

How much more proof do you need?

• hooberus
    hooberus

"I can never quite put my finger on it with creationists. I feel like the hurdle to accurately describe an opponents position is a minimum in any meaningful debate. I mean, we could be arguing Keynesian vs. Austrian school economics as it relates to mortgage backed securities dirivitives (more fun than a quote-em-up, for sure) here and I'd be saying the same thing. Educate yourself about the subject matter if you want to be taken seriously. Furthermore, when you post clips of supposedly damning text it doesn't impress anyone who is actually familiar with the author, and anyone should be ashamed of such a dishonest style of rhetoric. I say good day sir! hahaha"

If you are going to claim that anyone has been dishonestly mis-represented then perhaps you should document it.

• parakeet
    parakeet

hooberus: "If you are going to claim that anyone has been dishonestly mis-represented then perhaps you should document it."

No, YOU should, as the one making the assertion and providing the quotation. If you take a quotation, context unknown, from an author, also unknown, then YOU need to supply the documentation.

Your author could have been a Victorian armchair scientist, for all I know. BTW, the WTS adores Victorian armchair scientists -- they're completely out of date (and therefore generally unknown), had never done any actual science (also convenient), sound authoritative, and dubs are too braindead to check it out.

Sorry, that kind of thing doesn't fly here.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Atheism is not the same as evolutionary theory. Your OP is flawed.

You can be an atheist w/o subscribing to evolution.

You can believe in evolution and still be a theist.

False dichotomy. No need to dignify the OP with an answer.

Monkey mamas OTOH... hehe

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

No I came from my parents.

If you're talking about the evolution of the human species we did not come from fish but we share a common ancestor. You could go back further than that and show we evolved from single celled organisms, or even strands of self-replicating RNA.

There is a simple solution to all this to show we have not evolved from "fish", go to pubmed.com and find an androgenous retrovirus that is in a fish's DNA sequence that is not already in our own.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

How many ATHEISTS don't believe that they came from FISH?

I am a Christian that thinks he came from a fish.

My body may be descended from a chain of ancestors that at one point in time were fish, but I believe that the chain of evolution has its origin in God the source of all being at the beginning of time.

And I also believe that my spirit/soul that animates my body comes from God directly.

BTS

• Caedes
    Caedes

Booberus,

You know full well that the answer is that most atheists would claim we have a common ancestor with fish and monkeys, the question of whether that common ancestor would respectively look like a fish or a monkey is utterly irrelevant.

Our common ancestor with fish is probably the same common ancestor as fish and monkeys have and yet it wouldn't look like a monkey any more than it would look like a homo sapien, I imagine that point will be ignored along with anything else that doesn't fit in with your worldview.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Atheism is not the same as evolutionary theory. Your OP is flawed.
    You can be an atheist w/o subscribing to evolution.
    You can believe in evolution and still be a theist.

False dichotomy. No need to dignify the OP with an answer

The OP is trapped in one dimensional thinking. If he opened his mind a bit and at least conceded the possibility that he might be wrong and some here could be right, he would learn more, or at the very least, not fall into these logical fallacies.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit