Who here likes this site better than the old one....a poll ?

by Homerovah the Almighty 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Great Simon, a personal thank you from Homey

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I like the new one, use Chrome and have no problem

well, sometimes with using Quotes, I liked the old site better for some reason for using quotes.

but overall, this is great.

purps

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I am voting for this new one, because I haven't been able to log in to the old JWD for over a year! I got on here on my first try! It's so good to be back!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

There are good points and bad points. I don't like looking at post history, PM hisory and Topic posting history and coming up with the oldest posts, PMs and topics listed first. It's time consuming to open pages you don't want to read. I would like to see the "Sent" PM Title's in bold, darker cobalt to show they have not been read.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Homer, I think you have a third party toolbar, like Yahoo or Google. Those offer spell checkers like you are describing.
    The editor on JWN does not have a button like that... unless I'm just blind and not seeing it.

I don't have a third party toolbar and I have a spellcheck button. It's right next to the emoticons button.

Jackie

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I'll like this one just fine as soon as I'm able to putz around with my account info I'm not actually from Wallis and Futana I can no longer go to the old site. Is that normal?

Thanks for all the hard work Simon! It's coming along great

BW

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m with you mouthy,but it maybe my problem rather than the site,which I think it probably is.

smiddy

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I am like Grace (but not so) hard to teach so it's the old one for me...(and that's just cos I was used to) and still grateful to Simon for this site.

I miss the "quote" button - I found the "preview" one and till my own surprise even the "edit"

and I am very fond for the missing "edit by...." showing everybody that I did made spell or lanquage mistakes.

Spell checker is'nt working on my laptop.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

On this ancient puter out in my workshop it is bloody awful.

I am putting another puter together out of bits my nieghbour traded for services rendered.

It has to be better that this one......PLEEEEESE.

It is looking good, so far. It is full of my favourite music and has Aaron Neville crooning away through a really good amp.

The screen is much bigger too.

I just hope I can network it tomorrow. My workshop is a long way from my wireless router.

With any sort of luck, this may be my last post from this ancient, grotty old puter that has given me so much pleasure for so long.

I was very concerned for the welfare of us ex-JWs that found solace and support at JWD when Simon first announced its demise.

That includes me.

I am very happy that.....

It changes......It remains the same.....

Thank you Simon

Cheers from NZ

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am told that 'Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page'

I have everything I think I need on this page already.

I am about to move to another puter.

Are the 'Additional plugins' going to improve my JWN experience?

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit