Who here likes this site better than the old one....a poll ?

by Homerovah the Almighty 59 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So far, the most pressing issue is that it is extra work to see if I have a PM. Which could be simply a compliment, or more urgent like a request for material or something from administration (which I might otherwise miss, allowing a minor issue to become a major one). Then the statistics (I like to see poster ranks in order of how many posts they have in certain time frames).

One thing that needs attention is that some of the icons do not work well. I tried changing the color of the text, and that does not work properly. And there is a lag between backspacing several times and the time it takes effect, which could lead to backspacing past the error and erasing wanted text. Still, these are bugs that need attention as they arise--the other site had most of those bugs already fixed.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I just don't know how to get around in this new format.

How do I see if I have any pms?

How do I access the post history of the other posters? I used to enjoy going back through old posts to "get to know" the posters. Is there a way? If so, please explain in very easy words....

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hi Quandry, to get a poster's history, just click on their name, and that will take you to a page where you can click on a 'topics posted on' link.

I'm not sure if the pm icon in the upper right changes color or something when you have unread pm's, do you want me to send you a test? Then we'd both know.

Old vs. new:

Pros: I like that it's Firefox friendly (no more having to pull up Xinha Here to format posts), and the overall look is nicer.

Cons: I miss the old forum's thread view and the ability to respond directly to someone's post.

• Quandry
    Quandry

DanTheMan

You are indeed the Man!! Thank you for explaining the way to posters' previous comments.

You also said:

I'm not sure if the pm icon in the upper right changes color or something when you have unread pm's, do you want me to send you a test? Then we'd both know.

Yes, please send me a pm and let's give it a test.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

New one - works with Opera now.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I have one more question....what is the little colored figure just to the right of the poster's name? Mine seems to be star-like with little tiny arrows pointing out from it. It's nice....but what's it for?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I like both but this one seems better. But, I would like to know why Simon decided to keep a site going?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well it works for me.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Quandry, just sent you a pm.

That colored figure is a visual representation of your IP address.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Quandry, just sent you a pm.

That colored figure is a visual representation of your IP address.

Edited: Ha, first new forum double-post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit