Who here likes this site better than the old one....a poll ?

by Homerovah the Almighty 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Rebel, you can preview posts.

The preview feature is represented by the magnifying glass icon (2nd row, third icon from the right).

And while I'll always have fond memories of the old site, I am completely besotted by this new one!

Thanks, Simon!

• Vinny
    Vinny

For somebody that uses a Mac with Safari, the new one kicks the pants off the old. I can now post active links, adjust the font on my posts now, post photos here, use smileys etc... none of which I could do before.

If I worked off my PC (as most here use), I actually prefer the old site layout and style. THough am getting used to the new site more now.

Considering that the JWD/JWN will now continue onward, rather than coming to a permanent end, I think everybody has much to thank Simon for.

THAT is a huge deal!

Cheers Simon!

Vinny

• poppers
    poppers

This one, hands down.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

This one!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Elsewhere do you not see a Icon that looks like a abc with a check underneath ?

Thats the spellchecker

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Homer, I think you have a third party toolbar, like Yahoo or Google. Those offer spell checkers like you are describing.

The editor on JWN does not have a button like that... unless I'm just blind and not seeing it.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

No complaints!! We will all get used to this format. I am so grateful that this site is here.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I do have IE spellchecker installed, but I didn't think it would also put a ICON in the post tools .... interesting

I'm using IE7

Would you like a link for that its free ?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I agree with the beta-testing comment. This forum thus far is light years ahead of the old one. But there are still quite a few bugs that need to be worked out (some formatting snafus), settings to refine (e.g. reversing the order to the PMs and topic/post histories), and tools to still implement (like a custom search utility). It just takes a little time to get to everything. It is easy to forget that we have transitioned to the new forum only in the past two weeks.

• Simon
    Simon

Feedback is always useful.

I took a break after the frantic development over xmas and the new year but will continue to work on the rough edges and any missing features to make this the nicest, easiest forum to use.

This version is just a standby solution while the proper next-version is developed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit