Invisible Things of Him... are Clearly Seen, Being Understood by the Things That are Made

by Perry 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

I see. So what you are saying is that before the material universe appeared, all energy was contained in a single unique entity known as a singularity.

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. Ex. 3:14

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. - Rev. 22: 13

Sounds reasonable. Do you know where you will spend eternity when you die?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

So you believe "God" is the singularity that exploded at the Big Bang?

Sounds reasonable. Do you know where you will spend eternity when you die?

My body will decompose. The molecules will break down. The atoms will be reused somewhere else. That's all anyone knows for certain.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I believe the big bang happened ~14M years ago.

btw, obviously I meant ~14B years ago here.

• Perry
    Perry

So you believe "God" is the singularity

That exact description is more in line with your beliefs. For those born again, they have passed beyond mere belief in the matter of the existence of God. The believer still believes in the promises of God and has faith in the ultimate goodness of God, but belief concerning their position with God and especially his existence, is no longer an issue. It is an irrefutable knowing.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit , that we are the children of God :- Rom. 8:16

If a person has not this internal witness, he is not of God.

The Singularity that you speak of is the author of LIFE and offers it as a free gift to all who ask for it . Once it is granted, some of the substance of that Singularity resides inside the believer and is an internal witness, bearing truth and proof of his existence as well as confirmation for the continued life of the believer.

As Jehovah's Witnesses we were forbidden to ask the Singularity to be born again, being taught that was only for the elite (144,000). What I am quite seriously declaring to you here and now is that LIFE is available for the taking.... for "whosoever".

ye have not , because ye ask not . - James 4: 2

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Wow. There goes all science, logic, and reason.

• Perry
    Perry

Lost me again. Where did reason go? Sounds like you want to dictate what your Singularity can and cannot do. Is that reasonable?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

lol

You just made tons of claims about the nature of this "singularity" without any logical reason or evidence to back up your statement. And no, quoting scripture is not evidence or proof. I could say I'm the ruler of the world, write a book that says such, but that doesn't make it so.

Scientifically speaking, there is absolutely no objective evidence for your god or any god for that matter. None. Not one iota. The only evidence is of the weakest kind: personal anecdote and subjective experience, ie, someone "knowing" god exists because of some experience they had or personal revelation.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I thought that was one of the ghosts from Pac-Man.

• Perry
    Perry

You are arbitraily assigning non-personhood to your Singularity. Why would you do that? Do you fear losing control over your concept of a Singularity. What are you afraid of that you can't bear the thought of personhood in your Singularity?

I can speak with such confidence because he lives inside of me. I know it sounds weird, even creepy.... but its true.

Scientifically speaking, there is absolutely no objective evidence for your god or any god for that matter.

I thought you just got through explaining to me that everthing came from a Singularity? ...scientifically speaking of course. Now you are saying that there is no evidence for a Singularity? What difference does it make if we use the word Singularity or God. God has essentially used almost that exact term in describing himself.

Explain.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    You are arbitraily assigning non-personhood to your Singularity. Why would you do that? Do you fear losing control over your concept of a Singularity. What are you afraid of that you can't bear the thought of personhood in your Singularity?

I'm not "assigning non-personhood". Personhood must be established; it isn't a default position.

I can speak with such confidence because he lives inside of me. I know it sounds weird, even creepy.... but its true.

Well, if you want to believe the original material from the big bang is god, then technically you're right. You are made up of that stuff.

I thought you just got through explaining to me that everthing came from a Singularity? ...scientifically speaking of course. Now you are saying that there is no evidence for a Singularity? What difference does it make if we use the word Singularity or God. God has essentially used almost that exact term in describing himself.

YOU may choose to equate the singularity that exploded to god. But your desires do not affect reality, fortunately. By the way, you do know that there are multiple singularities that also exist in our universe. Are those gods too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit