Epic Discussion ( Confrontation ) with JW Cart People about WT Child Abuse

by flipper 91 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you so much Flipper. Amazing how you were able to keep your 'cool' demeanor there. I know I wouldn't do so well. Hitting them with this issue, they have no knowledge about it, so no defense. Only agitation! You inspired me to bring it up if JWs come by my house. JWs don't know me from this area but I have told them I used to be a JW years ago (30 yrs. never DF'd). so they haven't come by in a long time.

Except, I came home the other day and a memorial invite was here in the door. I got stirred up again. So, I needed my walk for exercise anyway, so I printed 30 JWFACT.com 'leaflet,' not pamphlet. Just a half sheet of 15 bullets about JWs. So as I did my very snappy walk, I put the leaflet in my block's doors. Many houses still had the "invite" in the door yet. Thought of taking their invites out, but thought better not but they could see them both.

Having those copies of the news media handy with you was great. JWs have to know about this. Especially, if people in the know confront them about it. Now, I am wondering if you or 'JWFacts Paul' or someone could do a leaflet size about this "pedophile" issue as a handout for when JWs come by again, and some to put out at doors when I do a good snappy walk.

To JWs, I would just say, "Do you know about your '2-witness' rule regarding pedophiles in your midst or congregation/organization? You need to be informed!" and hand them a leaflet. They could just tear it up I know, but that question could stir up something and stick in the meantime.

Not all, but a good number would want to know, like that one gal, that stated she wanted to know. If people in their door to door work start bringing this up, it would really impact them on their service days.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I walk over to the trash can and tear in half the Memorial invitation and WT magazine and throw it away.

I normally would not advocate this, but in your case it's well justified. It continues to amaze me the hate and fear that the word "apostate" generates in JWs.

You handled yourself very well.

• clarity
    clarity

Nice going Flipper ...... they will remember you & talk about it! The old field service experiences ........but it may back-fire, they never know who is looking for a way out ......& investigate!

I am hesitant to start on them when spying the jwcarts..makes me so frustrated with their "programmed responses".

Those poor suckers are out there as targets for anybody to approach them ........their god help them if a nutcase takes out their anger on them, or maybe some furious exdub who let their kid die for this cult!

The dubs are so ill prepared now to even understand the drivell that is being poked down their throats, while at the same time totally exposed to everything standing on the streets with those crazy racks!

Love to you & the Mrs as always Flipper ....keep up the good work.

clarity

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    By the way, if you (or anybody else) does this, please record this on your phone. I have noticed that if you have an Iphone and you are wearing a shirt with a pocket, you can begin recording, then put the phone with the camera facing front, and the camera lens will just be above the pocket edge, so you don't have to hold it.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Flipper: A thought. I wonder will it be more effective if someone held

a sign that has never been a JW. We have people that is looking for

a cause animal rights, trees, women and etc. If you have a ex-JW holding

a sign most will say he is a disgruntle ex-JW but this is a issue that effects all.

A child molester, that cross the line JW or not especially when they come to

your door. A none JW don't necessarily need to know about JW insane teaching

or doctrines, but protecting chid molesters that's a different story. I'm not

a Catholic but was upset when I saw what was taking place in the Catholic faith.

JW's at their stands can not accuse someone as a apostate when they have never

been a JW. So if they approach someone with a sign what can they say, read or

material it's all a lie. The sign holder will say, I'm not concern about your doctrines.

Wouldn't it be more effective to find a group that deals with child molesters and

pass on the information, Nightline and the WT policy. Inform them that

these people that have stands set up in your communities are knowingly

protecting child molesters.

We get TV news where some child molester have been release from jail and moved

in a neighborhood, when the community find out, protesters in force. In all

cases the child molester will move.

So the question , what agency do you contact. I think this could be the worst

idea, WT stands. You can walk away from the doors but stands set up

in the public eye that's a different story. Can we use this to our

advantage??

• flipper
    flipper
    I've gotta go run out the door and go to work out of town tonight- will be back tomorrow to answer the rest of your responses on page 3 here. Thanks for your responses- keep them coming. I'm interested to know or hear of any ideas you may have for revealing this WT child abuse situation to the public and JW's themselves. See ya tomorrow ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Helping JWs to critically think for themselves is a good thing, so kudos to you flipper.

Saying, "I've never been a Witness.", when you were, IMHO less effective than helping JWs to stop using thought-stopping platitudes like, "You're an Apostate!" How would you feel about saying the following?

Why do feel that i'm an Apostate? (wait for a response)

Do you know that the definition of an Apostate is "a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle."? (wait for a response)

Would you consider a JW an apostate for following God's two greatest commandments in Mt 22:34-40 instead of the "the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization [that] may not appear practical from a human standpoint." [15 November 2012 Watchtower (Study Edition) page 20, paragraph 17]? (wait for a response)

If the JW says something to the affect that a JW would be an apostate, then say, "So you feel that it is better to sin and break God's two greatest commandments rather than blindly follow direction from the Watchtower as the Jews blindly followed the Pharisees and Sadducee? How can you call yourself a Christian? Aren't JWs now Apostates of following the teachings and example of Jesus Christ?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Mt 22:34-40 NIV

The Greatest Commandment
    34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together.35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
    37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

15 November 2012, Watchtower (Study Edition), "SEVEN SHEPHERDS, EIGHT DUKES —WHAT THEY MEAN FOR US TODAY", page 20, paragraph 17 -
    Elders who are reading this article can draw some useful conclusions from the account we have just considered:
    (1) The most practical step that we can take to prepare for the coming attack of “the Assyrian” is that of strengthening our faith in God and helping our brothers to do the same.
    (2) When “the Assyrian” attacks, the elders must be absolutely convinced that Jehovah will deliver us.
    (3) At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.
    (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith.
  • cofty
    cofty

Robert - Sorry but that could not be less helpful or realistic.

As soon as you admit you are an ex-JW it's conversation over. Either avoid the question until you have made your points or lie.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    flipper - I'm interested to know or hear of any ideas you may have for revealing this WT child abuse situation to the public and JW's themselves. See ya tomorrow ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

If you really want to protect children from sexual abuse, please read the thread Revise Tax Code to Protect Children from Sexual Abuse. If you want to read a draft of the bill that I have written to 99 Senators and 2 Represenatives about, please go to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lbrkte086omivtt/AADN7PQHNylsdKwbltjHxBUea?dl=0. A side benefit of the aforementioned bill is that non-profit organizations would not be allowed to use nor promote "undue influence" (i.e., shunning). Members of course would be free to shun if they want to.

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    Cofty - As soon as you admit you are an ex-JW it's conversation over. Either avoid the question until you have made your points or lie.

Hi cofty, I didn't say to admit that you are an ex-JW. In fact I recommend avoiding disclosing whether a person was a JW.

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit